none
MDT 2013 Update 2 issue - Unable to mount Wim RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have updated my deployment share to MDT 2013 update 2. This tools is installed on windows server 2012 R2.

    After this update, i'm not able to update deploymentshare.I have a error message on mount winpe.wim.

    "Unable to mount the WIM, so the update process cannot continue".

    I have tried many things, reinstall windows 10 ADK, change version of Deployment share then upgrade again, nothing works.

    I don't have any other idea.

    Could you help me please ?


    • Edited by PY ROBIN Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:42 PM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:41 PM

Answers

  • I have found the solution.

    This is due to un old registry key of Wimmount services.

    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WimMount

    The key ImagePath point to windows 8.1 ADK other than Windows 10 ADK.

    The 8.1 ADK had been removed, but this key still exists.

    After this change, all seems to be working !

    • Marked as answer by PY ROBIN Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:29 AM

All replies

  • Did you try running "DISM /Cleanup-Mountpoints" or maybe try rebooting the server.

    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

    • Proposed as answer by Germanvit Monday, February 19, 2018 6:47 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Germanvit Monday, February 19, 2018 6:47 PM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 6:27 PM
  • Rebooting server => Nothing works

    I have tried to launch the dism command, dism have cleaned 1 mountoint, but I still have the issue.

    I have tried to mount winpe.wim manually with imagex command and I have an error message:

    "access specified path is invalid"

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:55 AM
  • I have found the solution.

    This is due to un old registry key of Wimmount services.

    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WimMount

    The key ImagePath point to windows 8.1 ADK other than Windows 10 ADK.

    The 8.1 ADK had been removed, but this key still exists.

    After this change, all seems to be working !

    • Marked as answer by PY ROBIN Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:29 AM
  • Thank you...you are a genius....I have been looking for a solution and tried everything but this helped me, so again thank you
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 12:48 PM