none
Internet Explorer Maintenance policy is missing in RSAT ????

Question

• hello

I have a emergency problem.

I have DC with windows server 2003.

I have a client  with RSAT. I connect to consoles like gpo with RSAT.

yesterday I configuration a gpo in Internet Explorer Maintenance .

then I upgrade my ie client to ie 10.

now I understand in rsat  , cant see Internet Explorer Maintenance gpo  why???

IS it depend on to upgrade my client ie ????

I can see Internet Explorer Maintenance in server 2003 grop policy

please help me what can I do?

please help me

• Edited by Nmehrabani Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:11 AM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:09 AM

Answers

• Yes, the IEM components as used in GPMC, are actually DLLs which come with older versions of IE - since you upgraded to IE10, that has removed the DLLs used by IEM. You must use a computer which has IE9 or older only for the IEM tasks.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by DonPick Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Shen5Moderator Tuesday, January 06, 2015 7:38 AM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:46 AM

All replies

• i undrestand .

it is because of ie 10.

i must uninstall ie 10 to see that policy.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:39 AM
  • Yes, the IEM components as used in GPMC, are actually DLLs which come with older versions of IE - since you upgraded to IE10, that has removed the DLLs used by IEM. You must use a computer which has IE9 or older only for the IEM tasks.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by DonPick Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Shen5Moderator Tuesday, January 06, 2015 7:38 AM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:46 AM