Printing multiple Word documents using <right click><print> in File Explorer (Office 2013) RRS feed

• Question

• I use an Access Database to create a directory for a client, then generate several word merge documents within that directory.  When I open the directory, select multiple files, then right click and hit print, Word 2013 will open an instance, then claim that there is a dialog box open (which there is, but only for a brief moment.) 

I have read other guesses on the issue, and it is not anti-virus, and it is not printer settings - it is the opening of attempting to open multiple instances of Word in the File Explorer when printing, rather than sending the file(s) to a print queue. 

This is NOT a configuration issue - this is very easy to replicate on any system running Office 2013.  There needs to be a parameter passed from File Explorer>Print to Word 2013 to print multiple files to disable dialog boxes and avert any dialog conflict. 

It also leaves the instance of Word open when printing is complete. 

Simple.  Both problem, and solution.

Friday, April 8, 2016 2:36 PM

Answers

• Given the issue seems to be related to starting multiple Word instance, does unchecking the Word setting for File|Options|Advanced>Display>'Show all windows in the taskbar' and checking the Word setting for File|Options|Advanced>Print>'Print in background' have any effect?

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Saturday, April 9, 2016 3:56 AM