Flash player issue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Windows 8 64 bit version and have Internet Explorer 10 installed into this machine. Unfortunately, I found that my flash player was disabled. I went on to check in manage add-ons and found that Shockwave player was in 'enable' status.

Still I had the same problem which shown flash player disabled.

Before this, I'd installed Real downloader and there was a message that told me about the conflict which occurred with flash player but I ignored it.

Then, I uninstall the real player completely and disable the real downloader but still have the same problem.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, August 26, 2013 6:10 PM

All replies

• How do you know flash is disabled?  Are you simply not able to view flash videos or do you encounter an error?  Post back with you flash player version number and a description of any errors or abnormal behavior so we can diagnose the problem.

Remember to select 'Mark as Answer' for any reply that provided a solution

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:52 PM
  • I can't upload the screenshot of the information.

But I've checked with adobe website and I found the following information.

Your Flash Version : Flash Player disabled

Your Browser name : Internet Explorer

Your operating system (OS) : Windows (Windows 8)

I'd tried to install the flash player but it seems that the update had been installed in the system. As far as I know that the flash player is embedded in the Windows 8 itself and no need to install the flash player for Internet Explorer anymore.

Any suggestion to overcome this problem because I have a software that really need the flash player to run the program (HP Solution Center).

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:18 AM
  • I have read that Real Player is BadWare, meaning it leaves a bunch of junk in the registry.  Do the following before attempting the last bit just to make sure it isn't related to Flash.

Flash player is now embedded into IE so it updates along with it.  Just to confirm, go to 'help' on your internet explorer browser's menu bar and click about internet explorer and post which update version you have along with the part in blue (starts with a KB) and make sure the box is checked for IE to automatically install net versions.

Also, I ran into a serious flash issue a while ago that had to do with a specific version (cant remember which) the bug was fixed awhile ago however if the flash hasn't updated from that problem you could be experiencing that issue.  To fix go to (make sure your using icon view) Control Panel | Flash player (32-bit)

click on the advanced tab and confirm that the player is updating automatically.  Click check now to force an update.

Also make sure Real Player is completely uninstalled, if there is a conflict with the two pieces of software old registry key may be preventing flash from working correctly.  Go to Control Panel | Programs and Features and uninstall Real Player if is still there.

If you follow all those steps and you still have a problem then I would suggest using CCleaner or Max Uninstaller to get rid of it.  Or you could delete anything in the registry that references 'RealNetworks'.  Make a backup of your registry before messing with it.  And if your not confident use CCleaner or Max Uninstaller first. 

To delete the folders for RealPlayer located at:
    C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\*.*
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\*.*
    C:\Documents and Settings\[yourUsername]\Application Data\Real\*.*

1. Go to My Computer.
    2. Go to C:\ or Local Disk (C:\).
    3. Go to the Program Files folder.
    4. Go to the Real folder.
    5. Delete the RealPlayer folders: C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer
    6. Go back to the Program Files folder.
    7. Go to the Common Files folder.
    8. Delete the Real folder: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\
    9. Go back twice to the C:\ drive and open the Documents and Settings folder.
    10. Go to your Windows username (e.g. Owner”) folder.
    11. Go to the Application Data folder.
    12. Delete the Real folder.

Delete the RealPlayer Registry Keys/Entries:
    To delete the settings and configuration files for RealPlayer within the Windows Registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\. Warning: This is for advanced users.

1. Click Start > Run and type in regedit and press Enter.
    2. Locate on the left side the hive (folder) named HKEY_CURRENT_USER, double-click it.
    3. Scroll down and locate the Software hive, double-click it.
    4. Locate the RealNetworks hive, select it (highlight it) and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
    5. Close Regedit and restart your computer.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:07 AM
  • The update version : 10.0.8 (KB2862772)

I'd tried the suggestion above but it still have the same problem.

"Still Flash Player Disabled".

Thanks.

eisz

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:57 AM
  • Really, you removed all the Real Player stuff and flash still doesn't work.  Honestly I am quite surprised.  Try uninstalling the flash plug-in from Programs and Features and then reinstall it with a fresh copy from Adobe.  If this doesn't work it has to be some other piece of software that you might have installed around the time it stopped working.

Man, I really am surprised that it wasn't that Real player.

Let me know if that works.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:27 AM
  • I'd also tried to delete the real folder from Program folder but there was not deleted because it has programs still running from the folder itself but I can't find the running program to shut it down. Please help me here. I also can't find the application data folder from the location that you suggest earlier. And can you please guide me to uninstalling the flash player plug in from Programs and Features?
    • Edited by my2277 Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:49 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:44 AM
  • Ahhh.... real player most likely still has a process running. 

Open the task manager by right-clicking the taskbar or press ctrl+alt+del and select task manager. 

There should be a process tab, search for a process name realsched.exe, select it a hit the End Process button.  Then you should be able to delete the real folders.

After that open the registry editor.  To do this hit the windows key to go to the start page and enter regedit, then right-click the registry editor and select 'run as administrator'

THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT ----- DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OTHER THAN THE ONES DESCRIBED

Go To HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete RealNetworks folder

Go To HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete RealNetworks folder

Go To HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SOFTWARE\ and delete RealNetworks folder

Restart your computer afterwards and real player should be completely gone.

Making changes to the registry is a bit risky if you don't know what you are doing, make a back up just to be safe by going to file and selecting export.  Then save it some place you can find it later.  As long as you only delete the keys listed you should be fine.  Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:32 AM
  • Can the system restore solve this problem completely?

eisz

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:16 AM