locked
Upgrade to MDT2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have been using MDT2012 as a standalone machine (We have 6 all in all).   It will be integrated in with SCCM2012 once its ready.   Earlier this week I upgraded one of our boxes to MDT2013.   It then upgraded all of the deployment shares that I opened on it.   I built the boot media.   Everything went off seemingly well until the first deployment.  

    I have tried across two target machines and both are doing the same.   Checking the logs it seems to stop following ZTIDisk peice with "No task sequence is in progress" and "Unable to get CurrentID"

    BDD.log:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vho0k78lvcmy9wt/uUqi6YG5-W/BDD.log

    Now that I'm here I have a sudden request to rebuild our core image!   yeaahhhh....  :-)   Any help figuring out where I need to look would be unbelievably helpful.   I can't find anything that points to the actual problem.

    Friday, January 10, 2014 11:55 AM

All replies

  • Looking at the bdd.log I do not see any indication there were errors. One thing to note though is be sure your infrastructure meets the requirements for a MDT 2013 environment:

    [-] Windows ADK 8.1 <-- Required! Most people will continue to use WADK 8.0. Be sure and upgrade to v8.1
    [-] Powershell v4.0 is now the default version <-- If you're not using powershell, then you should be ok. If you have custom scripts, this could cause an issue
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 5:51 AM
  • Hi,

    Use this guide to update from MDT 2012 to MDT 2013 correctly.

    regards,


    / Yannick Plavonil
    blog: Deploiement Windows
    twitter: @yplavonil
    facebook: www.facebook.com/deploiementwindows

    Saturday, January 11, 2014 5:17 PM