My Activities wheel keeps spinning and My Requests blank RRS feed

• Question

• I had this pop up at a customer and am not sure what is causing it. When I click on MyActivities I get the spinning wheel and it never loads the activity.

I think the activities fails on loading the activity details. If the screen size is small (mobile) I'm given a list of activities assigned to me and am able to select one. I get the spinning wheel that never goes away if I select one from that list. In desktop mode, it automatically selects the first one.

Anyway, using Chrome developer tools I can see some details about the errors. When I click on MyActivities, Chrome shows this error:

POST https://PORTALSERVER/MyActivities/ActivityDetails 500 (Internal Server Error)  jquery.js:8634

This started after I customized the Service Request form to add a few more options. Any ideas?

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:14 PM

All replies

• 500 is a server side error but root cause may be on client-side due to bad POST request.

Could you post here the customization that you have done on SR form?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Try our HTML5 Analyst Web Console for SCSM

www.scsmanalystportal.com

• Edited by Michael Sm Tuesday, December 13, 2016 6:42 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:33 PM
  • I finally had some time to look back at this issue. I used Fiddler to get the stacktrace error and this is what it shows:

[ArgumentException]: An item with the same key has already been added.
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.NewSMPortal.SDKTransformer.SDKTransformer.PopulatePropertyList(EnterpriseManagementObject emo, List`1 PropertyList)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.NewSMPortal.SDKTransformer.SDKTransformer.PopulatePropertyListRecusively(EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection emop, Dictionary`2 instanceDetails, List`1 propertyList)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.NewSMPortal.SDKTransformer.SDKTransformer.GetInstanceById(String typeProjectionName, String mpClassName, String propertyName, String Id)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.NewSMPortal.SDKTransformer.SDKTransformer.GetInstanceById(String typeProjectionName, String mpClassName, String Id)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.NewSMPortal.SDKTransformer.SMPortalHelper.SMPortalHelper.getActivity(String idClicked, String actType)
       at SelfServicePortalWebApp.Controllers.MyActivitiesController.ActivityDetails()
       at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass42.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__41()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Has anyone seen this before and know of a good way to find the duplicate name? 

To customize the form, I had to edit Buchatech's Service Area Overwrite since I already had that imported:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Custom-Service-Request-e4d40738

I work with Steve, so I was able to sign the edits with the same snk to avoid any problems there.

I wound up adding 6 labels, two text boxes, one datetime box, and three list pickers. These are all on the general tab. 

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:40 PM
  • Now that I know the error, I found someone else with the same problem:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/45284a85-53c4-4642-be95-f4f29d0d35be/the-status-filters-on-myrequests-page-are-loading-forever?forum=portals

No solution there.

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:45 PM
  • I had this problem.  Turns out I had a field in my management pack named "Source".  Service Manager uses this name to identify the source of the request, i.e. the SR came from the portal.  Changing the name in my management pack to FWSource fixed the issue.

Check your Management Pack fields for any names that might be used by Service Manager.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:24 PM