none
sql 2008 mirroed database replica inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i have two sql 2008 servers that are configured for mirroring and i am trying to back them up the Primary using dpm 2012.  I have installed the agents on both servers as dpm instructed.

i then created an PG which was 2.8TB (database is 2TB).  it then tried to create a replica but failed so i ran a consistency check.  i left the going for over ten hours and it was at 1.3TB when i left work..... in the morning i have come in and i have the following message

(the server did not fail over at any point)

also, the drive is iscsi but i have checked the logs and see not errors with the disk dropping aeay from the server.

Thanks

Affected area:    db bame (mirrored between - SERVERSQL1 and SERVERSQL2)
    Occurred since:    6/27/2012 11:41:01 PM
    Description:    The replica of SQL Server 2008 database dbname (mirrored between - SERVERSQL1 and SERVERSQL2) on serversql1.domain.local is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent.

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)
        The operation failed because DPM failed to access the shadow copy on ServerSQL1.domain.local. This could be due to
    1) Cluster failover during backup or
    2) Inadequate disk space on the volume. (ID 33140 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990A59)
        More information
    Recommended action:    If cluster failover has happened during backup, please retry the operation. Otherwise, increase the amount of free space on volume on the source server and then retry the operation.
        Synchronize with consistency check.
        Run a synchronization job with consistency check...
    Resolution:    To dismiss the alert, click below
        Inactivate

phill

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:28 PM