I want search option in windows 7 like windows xp (Content wise search). RRS feed

• Question

• I can search a file name in windows 7 going to a folder or to my computer. But in windows xp it was good. i can give both the file name as well as content in the below file name option column. Can't i do like that in windows 7. Please help me in fixing this issue.
    Thanks in advance..
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

On the upper right corner in windows explorer, you can type both file name and content together to search for the exact file. You do not even have to put the file name and content seperately in the different option column.

Of course, all the file should be indexed. If you could not do the search described above, make sure your User folder was included in the Indexing Options.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:03 AM

All replies

• F3  add some but not all.
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:02 PM
  • Hi,

On the upper right corner in windows explorer, you can type both file name and content together to search for the exact file. You do not even have to put the file name and content seperately in the different option column.

Of course, all the file should be indexed. If you could not do the search described above, make sure your User folder was included in the Indexing Options.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:03 AM
  • like most people, i hate the windows 7 search feature, i am use to having it in the start menu, i want to make it to where it was like xp.  that truly was the way i liked my search bar to be, not the complicated crap that i have now.  if i know the file name of what i'm looking for, the windows 7 search pulls up everything but what i'm looking for, and it sucks.  i don't like the way you guys have laid it out.  sorry, but it gets a middle finger rating from me. 
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:15 PM
  • >> i want to make it to where it was like xp.

FileSearchEX offers what you're looking for.

Monday, March 26, 2012 3:49 PM
  • It would make a huge difference if it was documented.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:02 PM
  • Windows 7 search just plain sucks, whomever the "Genius" was that decided that this is better than XP search needs to be relieved of his duties, period
    Friday, January 4, 2013 2:34 AM