VisualElementsManifest.xml not working on Windows 10 for tile change RRS feed

• Question

• We have a 3rd party programs and LoB programs installed on our computers that management wanted custom tile for the Start Menu, for Windows 8.1.  So the icons, xml, and pri files were created, and deployed to all of the windows 8.1 computers. we used the following information to create the xml - How to customize Start screen tiles for desktop apps (Windows Runtime apps). Now as we start to plan for Windows 10, I loaded all the same files to the same location to Windows 10, for the same applications, however it is not working.  According to Windows 10 Documentation I should be able to use the the above for windows 10.

Is this not supported in Windows 10 any more?  I am currently testing on Windows 10 Enterprise.

The following is the xml file that currently works for Windows 8.1

<Application xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
        <VisualElements
            BackgroundColor="#464646"
            ShowNameOnSquare150x150Logo="off"
            ForegroundText="light"
            Square150x150Logo="Assets\Gray-150x150.png"
            Square70x70Logo="Assets\Gray-70x70.png"/>
    </Application>
    Thanks for any help.
    Monday, May 16, 2016 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

I just noticed that to create payload xml file for start menu tile, Windows 10 introduces a new adaptive tile schema you can use. For instructions, see Adaptive tiles. For the schema, see the Adaptive tiles schema.

Please check the links above. 

To help you better, I suggest you submit a new case on MSDN forum as they will be more professional on your issue:

This is the MSDN forum link.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?forum=wpdevelop

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 4:25 PM