none
Run Meta Trader4.exe on Windows 8.1 RT

Question

• Windows 8.1 RT I need to run very specific simple exe and the name is `meta trader4 .exe` which is not available in windows store and it seams it will never available ever..I need a solution..i don't wont to put it in to bin..i love my little device,

please help.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:57 PM

Answers

• Ferdi

The only way to get access to run an exe to appear to work on Winodws RT is to install it on a laptop or VM somewhere and remote connect to that from your Win RT device.  For example I have SonoS hi fi at home and there is no store app for that onkly an .exe. So I installed it onmy home server and remote into it form my Surface RT.

@deepfat

Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Ferdi,

Base on my test, yes, there is no "meta trader 4" app in windows store, and the same situation in windows 10 store also, so it is by design that this app is not incorporated into windows store.

Why not download this app from internet? you can download it from the following link:

Download MetaTrader 4

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:19 AM
  • Ferdi

The only way to get access to run an exe to appear to work on Winodws RT is to install it on a laptop or VM somewhere and remote connect to that from your Win RT device.  For example I have SonoS hi fi at home and there is no store app for that onkly an .exe. So I installed it onmy home server and remote into it form my Surface RT.

@deepfat

Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:12 AM
  • windows RT  8.1, does not allowed you to install any exe file on it.... only the app s that available at the store, that's all you can use...
    Friday, September 11, 2015 3:40 AM
  • If am I going to need some other computers to resolve this issue that means I will no longer need to use this device any more?! this is embarrassing .... why Microsoft doesn't allowed people to do necessary some installations which is some very simple exe! this is shame!...
    Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:41 AM
  • The scenario you are describing, making Windows 8.1 RT on ARM architecture compatible with a 32 bit application, is not technically possible. The instructions for the processor and platform are completely different. The application could be ported (changing instructions to be compatible with the new platform), virtualized (run in a compatible environment on top of the ARM environment and streamed to the environment), streamed (run on another compatible device and accessed via remote), or rewritten (a separate application to accomplish the same goals could be written). Of these options, porting and rewriting could only be done by the developer of the app, there are no supported virtualization solutions for Windows RT, leaving only streaming.

If running this exact app from your Windows RT device is essential, you will need to run the app on a compatible PC and remote from your Windows RT device to the PC to access it.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:01 PM