Error: "There was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program" RRS feed

• Question

• Desktop doesn't load. Have to operate through Task Manager by CTR+AlT+DEL.

In the File > New Task (Run) typing "Desktop" or My Documents or any other Drive gives the error:

"There was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program".

Done the following already:

1. Ran sfc/scannow.

2. Ran chkdsk.

3. Done a system restore.

Nothing worked. Also to mention, I don't have MS Office in the computer.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:18 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'm glad to state that the issue has been resolved! :)

I was trying to solve this myself too and another system restore and renaming the "Deployment" folder

in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Sun\Java did the trick.

Thanks all, this thread can be closed now.

• Marked as answer by Ani_Nia Friday, October 24, 2014 2:42 PM
    Friday, October 24, 2014 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Ani_Nia!

Does any error message shows up? How it started and when it happened?

Please, tell every single detail you can....to help sonlving your problem as fast as you need =)

Best,

O. Rotta

Olavo Rotta .'. - IT Dept.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:29 PM
  • Hello O. Rotta,

Thanks for the reply.

To answer your questions - the message that shows up is what I mentioned above: "There was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program".

It started when I tried to delete an older version of Java manually from the "Java" folder in C:\Program Files.

Since it wasn't removed from the usual Add/Remove option in Control Panel and showed an MS Installer error there, so I just manually deleting the files from that "Java" folder. But some files could not be deleted as it was locked, so I used the app Unlocker to unlock them & delete. As soon as it unlocked, all the open windows/tabs crashed and it was only the Wallpaper - the Desktop along with icons vanished.

The java didn't uninstalled, but the process screwed it.

Since then the problem happens, and when I try to open any folder or drive from task manager, the above error comes up. I have to access everything via command prompt or the Task manager "Run" function.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 4:43 PM
  • Hello,

I'm glad to state that the issue has been resolved! :)

I was trying to solve this myself too and another system restore and renaming the "Deployment" folder

in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Sun\Java did the trick.

Thanks all, this thread can be closed now.

• Marked as answer by Ani_Nia Friday, October 24, 2014 2:42 PM
    Friday, October 24, 2014 2:42 PM