Feature return request -for SP! RRS feed

• Question

• I got the quicklaunch bar on my toolbar finally. I had to jump thorugh hoops. Please make this feature easier to turn on.
    currently you have to select tool bars, new tool bar and browse down in the user's folder in hidden files and folders. Not very nice or easy.
    Computer Dr
    Friday, November 20, 2009 6:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Cameochi,

I will forward this thread to our feedback team. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regarding to icon size, the large icon is easy for touch screen.

The following informaiton is from Windows 7 website:

Windows Touch—available only in the Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate editions of Windows 7—is fun to learn and easy to use. The Start menu and taskbar now sport larger, fingertip-friendly icons. All your favorite Windows 7 programs are also touch-ready. You can even finger-paint in Paint!

Thank you for your understanding.

• Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Friday, November 27, 2009 2:40 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:48 AM

All replies

• Yes, good idea....

Repost your comment here for the MS devs to notice it...
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Space | ----- | Email me | 'Gadget' programs
    • Edited by JoelbX Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:39 AM edit signature :)
    Friday, November 20, 2009 8:30 PM
  • Hi JoelbX,

Thanks for the info on this.  I've noticed that a LOT of people miss the Quick Launch and pinning takes up a lot of valuable real estate on the task bar.  I used the link you posted and requested that the Quick Launch be added permanently to the list of tool bars.  Also, requested that the large icons be a bit smaller as they too large and the small icons are too small.

If anyone knows of some registry tweaks to make the Quick Launch toolbar a permanent toolbar option, that would be very helpful.  As it is now, if you accidentally uncheck it, you have to add it back in again manually.  A registry tweak to make the large taskbar icons would be great too although I suspect that that will be a programming issue. 
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 2:13 PM
  • Hi Cameochi,

I will forward this thread to our feedback team. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regarding to icon size, the large icon is easy for touch screen.

The following informaiton is from Windows 7 website:

Windows Touch—available only in the Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate editions of Windows 7—is fun to learn and easy to use. The Start menu and taskbar now sport larger, fingertip-friendly icons. All your favorite Windows 7 programs are also touch-ready. You can even finger-paint in Paint!

Thank you for your understanding.

• Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Friday, November 27, 2009 2:40 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:48 AM