Windows resolution issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, I'm running on Windows 7 64bit and have never had this problem. 

I'm running in 1080p on output from my desktop to my monitor which supports this. I haven't downloaded any drivers that would change these setting as far as I know.

My desktop background, web pages and games are all running in 1080p, but the taskbar, desktop icons, right click menu and even the tabs on browsers are all staying the same size, no matter what resolution I change it too. 

Things I've tried
    Using different connectors, DVI, VGA, HDMI. 
    Unplugging my TV which I use as a 2nd monitor for media purposes, which is also receiving this problem.
    Restoring it to a previous state. 

I've had a google around the internet and can't find any information about this problem

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:25 AM

Answers

• Have you checked your icon size under personalization --> Display ?
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

We hope your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.

As what mentioned by Acreed02,you could adjust icon size in personalization settings-> Display, please check on that first.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 20, 2015 2:20 AM

All replies

• Have you checked your icon size under personalization --> Display ?
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

We hope your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.

As what mentioned by Acreed02,you could adjust icon size in personalization settings-> Display, please check on that first.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 20, 2015 2:20 AM