Windows 7 Activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I don't know whether this is the right forum or not, but here's my problem:

I'm currently using Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x86. I tried updating to Windows 7 SP1, but the setup fails. So I try to reinstall Windows 7, but I can't seem to activate it with my Product Key. I reinstalled Windows 7 several times before and activation was successful every time. But I can't seem to activate it since the last time I reinstalled Windows. I tried reinstalling again, but that didn't work either.

Thanks in advance.

Preveen
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can also try to activate your Windows by phone:

Run slui.exe 4 , select your country and call the number.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18715-activate-windows-7-phone.html

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, March 11, 2011 5:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:55 PM
  • You need to ensure uninterrupted Internet connection while activating the Windows 7 operating system. An interruption in the Internet can stop the process in between and can even corrupt the operating system in your computer. You need to ensure a successful activation of the Windows 7 operating system to make your system eligible to receive Microsoft updates.
    Printer Support|Computer Repair
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

To activate Windows on this computer, do the following:

Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button, clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Click here to activate Windows now. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If automatic activation fails, follow the screens that walk you through activating Windows by phone. 

If you would like to know the detail information, please refer to the following link:

Activate Windows 7 on this computer

Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, March 11, 2011 6:27 AM