none
Restore & Backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using the adminstrative restore in PWA, but I have too many files which are not relevant,

how can I remove them? How can I define which file to restore and which one not?

How do I move files to archive?

10x,

Yaron

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Yaron,

You cannot define which projects should be archived and which not. It's basically all or nothing.

But Project Server will only archive a new version of a project if the project has been changed since the last backup run. So the number of version available might differ per project.

You can define however the maximum number of versions to keep. Go to PWA -> Server Settings -> Daily Backup Schedule. On this page you can set the 'Project Retention Policy (versions)'. This is the maximum number of versions that are kept in the archive for a project.

If you want to completely remove a project from the archive database you ca do so by going to PWA -> Server Settings -> Delete Enterprise Objects. On this page you can select the project and make sure you select 'Delete projects only from Archived database'.
    Keep in mind though that this will delete ALL archived versions of the project. And new version might appear in the archive database based on the retention policy setting on the next run.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:00 AM