problems with messages RRS feed

• Question

• hYou cannot vote on your own post

i have online stores which seem to be having problems with new incoming messages on etsy, and many customers saying they do not receive my messages. on amazon handmade store have had delayed emails and one report of a customer not being able to purchase.

i did a traceroute from my ip to etsy storefront ip and saw 9% packet loss at two stops on the way...said unknown host when i looked up on whois they were both verizon ip's .

etsy not helpful...amazon says they don't see a problem.

i have earthlink internet which uses verizon lines, i still get messages from old and current customers and read that once someone contacts you a cookie is stored which allows them through the firewall later. hence no new messages? been going on for a while and gets consistently worse. shop views and sales way down also. views down from over 1000/day to around 200 in main store which has been open for 6 years.

do i call earthlink or verizon or could it be the firewall, i have disabled the fire wall on and off and seems to be a little better with it off.

is there a way to check to see if etsy is blocked in the firewall. it is built in windows firewall on windows ten and chrome browser.

etsy slow to respond.

anyone know how to read a traceroute properly? i have attached an old traceroute forgot to screenshot the new one which was done on another website Image

also is there any way to see if customers have tried to contact me and not been able to get through with a message trace in etsy convo system.

thank

You cannot vote on your own post

i have online stores which seem to be having problems with new incoming messages on etsy, and many customers saying they do not receive my messages. on amazon handmade store have had delayed emails and one report of a customer not being able to purchase.

i did a traceroute from my ip to etsy storefront ip and saw 9% packet loss at two stops on the way...said unknown host when i looked up on whois they were both verizon ip's .

etsy not helpful...amazon says they don't see a problem.

i have earthlink internet which uses verizon lines, i still get messages from old and current customers and read that once someone contacts you a cookie is stored which allows them through the firewall later. hence no new messages? been going on for a while and gets consistently worse. shop views and sales way down also. views down from over 1000/day to around 200 in main store which has been open for 6 years.

do i call earthlink or verizon or could it be the firewall, i have disabled the fire wall on and off and seems to be a little better with it off.

is there a way to check to see if etsy is blocked in the firewall. it is built in windows firewall on windows ten and chrome browser.

etsy slow to respond.

anyone know how to read a traceroute properly? i have attached an old traceroute forgot to screenshot the new one which was done on another website Image

also is there any way to see if customers have tried to contact me and not been able to get through with a message trace in etsy convo system.

thank

charlene cicalese

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:02 PM

Answers

• 1. if all other messages are being received its not a routing issue

2. Have you looked in the users JUNK mail folder, could be its getting tagged as spam

3. If your using a 3rd party solution to manage spam, phishing etc check there

4. Also could be builtin anti-spam processes, review this https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj150481%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Edward van BiljonMVP Thursday, August 3, 2017 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:41 PM

All replies

• 1. if all other messages are being received its not a routing issue

2. Have you looked in the users JUNK mail folder, could be its getting tagged as spam

3. If your using a 3rd party solution to manage spam, phishing etc check there

4. Also could be builtin anti-spam processes, review this https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj150481%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Edward van BiljonMVP Thursday, August 3, 2017 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:41 PM
  • Hi cicalese,

Are there any Microsoft Exchange servers in this issue?

If that, please tell us about your Exchange version and mail flow issue.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:55 AM
  • hi, it's more in my online shops on etsy and amazon handmade where the customers contact me through the shops.

although i have missed a few emails or they are delayed.

thanks so much

charlene cicalese

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:01 AM
  • As Jim-xu asked where is the mail sent to, i.e. an Exchange server or??

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:12 PM