none
Can we give different Permisions to different views in resource center of project center 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hi

Our organization requirement is

In resource center

1. In one view all the manager's should be able to view all the resources i.e who and how many are the total resources in the organization ...with read only permission.

2.In another view ,corresponding region manager should view only their respective region resources.

I implemented the security level by using RBS for resource center to view respective region resources.

Now please help me to "all the managers should view all the resources"

Whether it is possible to give different permissions for different views

OR

We can implement RBS security level only for particular view in Resource Center.

Please help me on this.Very urgent..plz..plzz

Thanks in Advance

Sowjanya G

Monday, November 19, 2012 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

not sure what you have already changed on default categories and groups. Following may work: Add category "My Organization" to your view for all resources (My Organization provides access to "everything" what a user may see. Using a view in this category should give all resource) Add only category "My resources" to your view for region resources. (My resources is restricted to resources whoe are descendants of the User via RBS. Using a view in this category will filter on this criteria).

Does this work?
    Barbara

Monday, November 19, 2012 7:44 AM
  • Hi Barbara

Thanks for your reply.I tried in the same way ,what you have told.But it didn't work for me.

By default "My organization" is there in All resources view.

So please anybody help regarding this....

Thanks in advance

Sowjanya G

• Edited by GSouji Monday, November 19, 2012 9:29 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 9:27 AM
  • Hi,

can a user select between these views? Is only one of them available or none? Are they not displaying correct data?

Barbara

Monday, November 19, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Hi Barbara

User can select the different views in resource center.He may view the data according to the RBS structure in all the views.It is displaying correct data in all views based on RBS structure.

In one view i dont need RBS structure.. i.e all should be able to view entire resources in one view of resource center with read only permission..:-(

Please help me on this

Thanks in Advance

Sowjanya G

Monday, November 19, 2012 10:34 AM
  • Hi,

by any chance: Is "Filter Resources to user's RBS branch" in your view for all resources enabled? Is My Organization the only category applied to this view?

Barbara

Monday, November 19, 2012 10:48 AM