Metro sidebar results and arrow keys - annoying selection changes RRS feed

• Question

• The problem:

• I prefer using the metro search bar (activated by logo key + S) or start screen to open applications not pinned to the taskbar. After typing in the first few letters of an application, I use the arrow keys to select the desired program and press enter to run. However, the list results frequently change while selecting the desired application, and the selection always resets to the first result. This often happens right before pressing the enter key, which results in executing a different program...

Has this issue been raised to developers?

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:15 PM

All replies

• Hi bluelabel42,

According to your description. I have a test on my machine and it is work normally. I suggest that we could startup in Clean Boot to avoid the effects of third party software. The link below is about how to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

After that we could use the command “sfc /scannow” to repair the system files.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:36 AM
  • Hi Carl,

Thanks for the response. My goal is to bring this to the attention of developers as an opportunity for UI improvement. I'm confident that it's not related to any endpoint corruption but instead is by design. Note - this doesn't present as frequently on a fresh install or one with slower drives. It becomes more pronounced on a workstation with more software installed.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:15 PM
  • Hi bluelabel42,

Thank you for your reply and thank you for your feedback of our product. I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Carl Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 8, 2016 1:38 AM