The partition that hosts Windows Vista may disappear?? RRS feed

• Question

• The partition that hosts Windows Vista may disappear if you use Windows XP to create a partition on a computer that has both Windows XP and Windows Vista installed

This is the title at the MS support site ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931854 ) of what I have now, only thing that is different is that I was using partition magic 8 in XP to change a partitions size. But because PM8 give me some warning (dunno what it said anymore) I didn't change the size. Now Vista can't see that partition anymore but XP still can and even Ubuntu still see it. Its even not possible to format that partition or do anything else with it in Vista.

Workaround they say is, do nothing with partitions outside Vista.

Thats really nice MS, no sollution for this, imo a rather important thing to have a sollution for when releasing a new OS. Does this mean I need to reinstall the whole damn thing again Surprise ?

I really hope someone has a sollution for this problem Sad

Sunday, July 1, 2007 7:42 AM

All replies

• I guess I won't get much help when the support site gives such an answer.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:46 PM
  • I'm sorry to botter you guys again but can atleast anyone tell me if there is ever going to be a solution for this problem in a future update? Does anyone of MS that read this (do they read here?) has the knowledge to answer on this?

Friday, July 6, 2007 6:41 AM