Exchange Certificate Attachment Deletion RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I reinstalled Exchange EDGE to 2013CU5, now when i send o receive messages with certifacete attached to them, exchange deletes this certificates.
    Please help to solve issue.

Friday, January 29, 2016 6:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I understand that attachment has been removed which contain .crt file, after Exchange Edge server reinstalled.

By default, the Attachment Filter agent is enabled on the computer that has the Edge Transport server role installed.
    Please run "Get-AttachmentFilterEntry | Format-List" on Edge server to view a complete list of file name extensions and content types. If .crt file exist, please run "Remove-AttachmentFilterEntry FileName:*.crt" to remove.

Also, you can check the configuration for transport rule:

Get-TransportRule | where {$_.Description -like "*attachment*"} | FL name,*description*

However, .crt file may potentially be infected by malware, please careful before remove it from attachment agent and transport rule.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Friday, February 12, 2016 11:18 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2016 8:55 AM

All replies

• Try temporarily bypass malware filtering on Exchange server

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj150526(v=exchg.150).aspx

Friday, January 29, 2016 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I understand that attachment has been removed which contain .crt file, after Exchange Edge server reinstalled.

By default, the Attachment Filter agent is enabled on the computer that has the Edge Transport server role installed.
    Please run "Get-AttachmentFilterEntry | Format-List" on Edge server to view a complete list of file name extensions and content types. If .crt file exist, please run "Remove-AttachmentFilterEntry FileName:*.crt" to remove.

Also, you can check the configuration for transport rule:

Get-TransportRule | where {$_.Description -like "*attachment*"} | FL name,*description*

However, .crt file may potentially be infected by malware, please careful before remove it from attachment agent and transport rule.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Friday, February 12, 2016 11:18 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2016 8:55 AM