resetting bios password RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have forgotten the bios password, and was advised to take out the battery and replace to reset the password.

that did not work, anyone have any other advice?

Monday, February 25, 2008 2:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Lundeve,

From the post, I understand that you cannot reset BIOS password even after taking out the battery and replace it.

Lundeve, I suggest you refer to the motherboard/BIOS manual to reset it. For most motherboard, we can power off the computer, short the 2-pin header on the motherboard to reset BIOS password.  You may also need to contact the computer manufacturer for further assistance.

In addition, this appears to be a general hardware issue. As this forum focuses on SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP public newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Monday, February 25, 2008 5:32 AM