none
Project Server 2007 - View Assignments blank for some Resources RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Microsoft Project Server Web Access 2007.  When I go to the Resource Center I see all my resources listed.  On all but 1 resource, I can click on their name and view their assignments.  On the 1, It comes back blank.  The resource does have assignments.  If I include this one resource when I select the others, the complete view comes back blank. 

I have seen this problem list in other places on the web but I have not found a answer to what is going on and how to correct it.  Thanks.

Monday, December 13, 2010 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

In that case I'm afraid it is a data issue causing the data retrieval or displaying the data in the grid to fail.

I'm afraid your only option is to work with Microsoft Support, unless you plan to setup a SQL profiler yourself to see if that gives you a clue about the problem...

Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

perhaps there is an issue with some assignment of this resource. What does happen if resource opens "My Tasks"? (If there is also an issue at this place, it is easier to identify the assignment.)

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:51 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

The User is able to view and open all their projects under "My Tasks" and I am able to see and open them in the project center.

Thanks.

Jim

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:15 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Have you updated your Project Server installation to the latest service pack and cumulative update? If I remember correctly, there have been some issues where this could return a blank page.

Does this user have an extremely large number of assignments?

If your installation is up-to-date, you might want to work with Microsoft Support to investigate the issue.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:12 PM
  • Hans,

Thanks for your input.  The server is running the latest SP's and updates.  The user does not have a large amount of assignments, There are quite a few of the people that have as much as twice the assignments he has and they are working properly.

Thanks.

Jim

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:57 PM
  • Hi Jim,

In that case I'm afraid it is a data issue causing the data retrieval or displaying the data in the grid to fail.

I'm afraid your only option is to work with Microsoft Support, unless you plan to setup a SQL profiler yourself to see if that gives you a clue about the problem...

Hans

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:49 PM