none
This patch package could not be opened. - Adobe Acrobat DC - Unexpected return RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my Acrobat Application to work in MDT. BDD.log shows

Application Install - Adobe Acrobat DC - x64 returned an unexpected return code: 1635.

More from MSDN:

ERROR_PATCH_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED - 1635 - This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and is accessible, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.

Here's the breakdown of the folder structure:

• E:\MDTProduction\Applications\Install - Adobe Acrobat DC - x64\Adobe Acrobat

The source directory is:

• .\Applications\Install - Adobe Acrobat DC - x64

The working directory is:

• .\Applications\Install - Adobe Acrobat DC - x64

And finally, here's the command line:

• msiexec /i "Adobe Acrobat\AcroPro.msi" PATCH="Adobe Acrobat\AcrobatDCUpd1700920044.msp" TRANSFORMS="Adobe Acrobat\AcroPro.mst" /qn

Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here? I would just make the source folder the last one, but it's my understanding that there are necessary installation files in the parent folder (originally "\APRO17.0", before changed to "Install - Adobe Acrobat DC - x64" in MDT) Thanks!

• Edited by Garrett B Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:55 PM formatting
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:53 PM