Not able to Access Windows XP from Windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am not able to access Windows XP pc through Windows Server 2008 R2. Even when i enter all credentials correctly.

I earlier had faced the same issue and at that time, i did some changes in registry in Windows Server 2008 r2, after this i was able to access windows xp pc with ease.

Now i forgot, what i had done.

can anyone please let me know what to edit in windows server 2008 registry....

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check your Eventview if it has any error message.
    I didn't found any related registry about it in Microsoft official documents. 

I suggest you follow the steps below:

1. Check NetBIOS over TCP/IP if it is enabled (under IPv4 settings) and ensuring IPv6 was disabled. 
    2. Uninstall and reinstall the network driver.

Your kind understanding is appreciated.  

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 6:25 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 25, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Friday, December 29, 2017 7:09 AM