none
Color coding

Question

• I can't find any references to the different highlighted lines shown in various colors.  What does each color mean?  Yellow? Blue? Pink? etc.
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:39 AM

All replies

• Blue: shows the location where the following group of entries is found - usually a Registry key
    Pink/Red: no Description or Company Name in the file version resources or no version resource (always true for script files). If the Verify Signatures option is on, file is unsigned.
    Yellow: file not found in the expected location
    Green: shows changed entries when using Compare from the File menu
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 8:58 AM
  • Thank you for the very complete explanation.  It seems to me that this should be explained somewhere in the program though.
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:22 AM
  • Some of it is in the Help. If you will be using Sysinternals utilities a lot, you should buy the Administrator's Reference.
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:09 PM
  • Thanks Dax
    I too would think something as simple as the color coding would be in the minimal help that come with the program.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:36 AM
  • DAX,  We appreciate your answer but can you suggest to the "powers that be" when users see FREE SOFTWARE, we assume there will be software help or documentation that is also FREE.

It is obvious from the forum that AUTORUNS is a wonderfully, powerful utility.  But the HELP doesn't help anything that I looked for and I agree that something as basic as the COLOR should be available without BUYING an administration manual.

A retired MIS Director,
    Barney
    Confused
    Sunday, August 11, 2013 3:37 PM
  • Thank you very much for your answer.
    Friday, February 24, 2017 10:13 AM
  • The Colors of Highlighted Entries in AutoRun

—Pink – no publisher information was found or that the digital signature either doesn’t exist/match.

—Green – Comparison against a previous set of Autoruns data to indicate an item that wasn’t there last time.

—Yellow – the startup entry points to a file that doesn’t exist anymore.

Saturday, January 12, 2019 5:27 AM