Problem with Windows Update RRS feed

• Question

• I just found out about Windows SteadyState last week and *WOW* does it rock.  I followed the setup guide religiously and at the very end of the process I turned on the Disk Protection.  I have also enabled Windows Update through the SteadyState interface to install updates automatically.

It seems like whenever I walk by the PC it is at a bootloader screen with the following message:

The last attempt to restart the system from its previous location failed.  Attempt to restart again?
    • Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu
    • Continue with system restart
    If I select the first option, the system will proceed to the boot menu as expected and then pop up a dialog box with the following message:

The system is currently being updated and will be shut down when the updates are complete

After the next reboot the system boots properly to the Welcome screen and I can log in successfully.  If I take the other option (Continue with system restart) the system will simply reboot and come back to the same bootloader screen again (endless loop).

Where do I start to diagnose this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 2:56 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

I suggest you first check the following thread as the error has once been discussed in the forum:

Stuck on Updating reboot loop for 26 hours and counting

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2378086&SiteID=17

Thursday, May 8, 2008 6:12 AM
  • Hi cowgod,

I am having the exact same issue.  Have you been able to fix it?  I'm thinking it might have something to do with SP3, but I'm not sure.  I'm going to try uninstalling SP3 and see it it makes a difference.

Also, I read the thread that Sean suggested.  It didn't seem to apply to this problem.  I read through the whole thing.

I have 8 computers that I have to get SteadyState installed on.  It isn't looking good for me.

Thanks!

Friday, June 6, 2008 2:12 AM