none
WIN VISTA ULT - ERROR 1335. 'Data1.cab' corrupt with ANY installation

Question

• [ ERROR 1335. 'Data1.cab' required for this install is corrupt or cannot be used.  This could indicate a network error, an error reading te CD-ROM, or a problem with this package. ]

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate on a Lenovo ThinkCenter Desktop.  Recently restored machine because of this exact issue and I still get this error on a clean install.

I've tried installing from safemode.

msconfig ... turned everything i could off from startup.

removed all antivirus software

turned off the windows firewall.

NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK!!!!

This just started on the lenovo im running same OS on a Dell XPS laptop and have no problems.
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi

I get the exact same error. It has the effect, that almost all installations fails. I am also using a Lenovo pc (thinkpad X300). Got the machine three days ago, and the problem just appeared yesterday.

I might be due to some system update....

Do anyone have any idear.

/BR
    Morten

Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:30 AM
  • I finally found a solution that seems to work....

Yesterday, in desperation, I reinstalled everything using the recovery CD. This off course fixed the problem. But after I reinstalled the everything the problem returned. I appeared right after I installed the lenovo usb enhanced port replicator, though I don't know if that is to blame.

Then I started to surf the internet again for a solution. I tried a whole lot of stuff but nothing seemed to work. Finally, I came across this tip

----
    This error is often caused by a firewall or virus software running on your computer. Try the following:

First turn off your firewall or virus software if you have one before downloading.
    Open a dos box (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    Type in
    msiexec /unregister (press enter)
    msiexec /regserver (press enter)

Now try installing the program (without firewall or virus programs turned on or running)
    ----

I must admit that I am not totally sure what this does exactly. But I did it any way. It did not seem to fix the problem right away, but after downloaded the broken installation files again, everything suddenly works.

If somebody knows if this fix have any unfortunate side effects, please let me know. 

Best regards
    Morten

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:49 PM
  • Thanks Morten, ive been trawling google for 2 days now and this is the only answer that works..

If anyone could reply as to wether theres any long lasting effects of doing this it would be helpful ;)

Del
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:36 AM
  • I've experienced this issue in Windows 7 SP1. I've exhausted all the options, including the suggestions by some on the net. I even tried doing the Upgrade option from the Windows 7 Installation DVD. Nothing worked!

Finally, I restarted by installing Windows 7 from scratch. This issue went away.

Thursday, November 03, 2011 3:32 PM