none
Recover Administrator Priviledges for Admin account RRS feed

• Question

• I have accidentally removed Global Administrator priviliges for Administrator from Ms Project Server 2010. As a result, I am unable to access and perform Administrator work in MS Project Server 2010.

I would like to retore the Administrator priviledges. Could you please helo me in restoring the Administrative proviledges?

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Friday, November 14, 2014 1:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You should contact your farm admin who should have the service accounts with full rights on your farm and PWA instance. I'll be able to create your admin account.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, November 14, 2014 2:02 PM
  • Thanks for the quickly reply. However, i would like to grant Administrator privildges in Ms Project Server. how can I do this using Farm Admin account?
    Friday, November 14, 2014 2:15 PM
  • You should have service accounts that you could use to connect to Project Server and create back your account. Your farm admin should have those service accounts with the passwords.

Hope this helps,

Friday, November 14, 2014 2:21 PM
  • The service account is same as Project Server Admin account.That's the issue.
    Friday, November 14, 2014 2:36 PM
  • Don't you have any other admin account.

I do suggest you to contact your Sharepoint farm admin, I'm pretty sure they have a farm account in order to help you.

Hope this helps,

Friday, November 14, 2014 2:40 PM
  • The farm Admin account is also same as service account.
    Friday, November 14, 2014 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

If you removed the Service Account from the Administrators group in Project Server, try to re-provision the PWA from SharePoint Central Admin (without changing anything)

If the Service Account has been removed from the Site collection Admin, then use SharePoint Central Admin to add the user back as a Site Collection Admin

Paul

Friday, November 14, 2014 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

Please note that the Service Account has not been removed from the Administrators group of Ms Project Server. The global privileges of Administrator group have been accidentally removed. Could you please help in restoring the revoked privileges?

There is no other Administrator in the system as of now.

Saturday, November 15, 2014 8:52 AM
  • Hi,

Try then to re-provision the PWA from SharePoint Central Admin (without changing anything) and see if that would help.

The alternative would be to update the settings directly in the database (not supported), so opening a support ticket with MS might help (only if this is a production environment)

Paul

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:02 PM