none
WIP is blocking CISCO VPN Anyconnect RRS feed

• Question

• After deploying windows information protection CISCO Anyconnect VPN application is not working. It says VPN service is not available. I have checked in services.msc, it is still running and start up is in Automatic only.

Any idea?? Thanks

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 12:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

According to your description, it is recommended that you try to refer to the following link:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn-and-anyconnect/quot-the-vpn-service-is-not-available-exiting-quot-error-when/td-p/2754562

Sincerely hope that the methods mentioned in the link will be helpful to you.

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:56 PM
  • Hi,

Is there anything else I can do to help you on this issue?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, November 30, 2018 2:24 PM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

Sunday, December 2, 2018 1:41 PM
  • Hi,

I have tried and it is not working. Another point is, after deploying WIP Cisco anyconnect vpn is working if I connect laptop to any external network(mobile hotspot), If I connect back to corporate network it stops working.

I have requested internal network team to check on this.

Without WIP, VPN is working in both internal and external network. With WIP, vpn is working only in external network.

Thanks.

Monday, December 3, 2018 10:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Try turning off windows firewall and antivirus software, and check.

The following is a link to troubleshoot AnyConnect, and I hope you can refer to it:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-0/troubleshoot-anyconnect.html

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Hurry

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 5:33 AM