POSReady2009 and RTC RRS feed

• Question

• We are migrating a working XP application that conducts live audio/video
    broadband and dial-up calls using Microsoft RTC to POSReady2009.

Under POSReady2009 when a call is starting, the IRTCSession::Answer() function call
    returns RTC_E_SIP_NO_STREAM (No stream is active) and the remainder of the RTC session generally falls apart after that.
    Since other RTC commands, such as, setting the audio devices and volumes, all work, it appears that this might be a missing SIP dependency.
    Is POSReady2009 missing a service or component already included in XP that RTC needs?
    Many thanks
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:56 PM

Answers

• I ran both failing applications, RtcSample.exe, which comes with the RTC Client SDK, and our production application, with the Dependency Walker profiler.

In both instances, during an incoming call, WS2_32.dll is trying to load the missing DLL rsvpsp.dll.

I read on this thread from 2004 (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-526102.php) that this DLL is part of the Quality of Service component.

Is this indeed the component missing from the OS image?

If so, is there going to be a cascade of dependent components if we have this one added?

Many thanks

• Marked as answer by malgat Wednesday, May 5, 2010 9:17 PM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:49 PM

All replies

• Do you have a full install of POSReady - meaning did you select all options when installing the OS?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:56 PM
  • The POSReady OS we are using comes pre-installed on the hardware from our hardware supplier.  They are working with us to resolve this issue, but they have no experience with RTC and its related technologies.

If we can figure out what is missing, I will let them know, and they will change the OS build for us.

They have already added support for a dial-up modem for us, which was missing from the original build.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:15 PM
  • There might be more to this as a service or support DLL might not be in POSReady.

Can you run dependency walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) agains the application to see what the first level DLLs are needed to run the application?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:54 PM
  • I ran both failing applications, RtcSample.exe, which comes with the RTC Client SDK, and our production application, with the Dependency Walker profiler.

In both instances, during an incoming call, WS2_32.dll is trying to load the missing DLL rsvpsp.dll.

I read on this thread from 2004 (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-526102.php) that this DLL is part of the Quality of Service component.

Is this indeed the component missing from the OS image?

If so, is there going to be a cascade of dependent components if we have this one added?

Many thanks

• Marked as answer by malgat Wednesday, May 5, 2010 9:17 PM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:49 PM
  • You will have to go back to the manufacture to see if they can add this feature. If it doesn't come with POSReady, then there is a different level of issues that need to be addressed.

-Sean

Thursday, April 22, 2010 4:34 PM