Office 2003 with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased a new laptop running windows 7.  I transferred my old Office 2003 software to the new computer and entered the software product licence key.  Everytime I open one of the suite, outlook, word or excel etc it gives me a pop up message asking if I have the right licence.  Each time I accept, as I do have purchased the product and therefore have a valid licence, but the message keeps reappearing, sometimes more than once in each session.

Is there anyway to get rid of this message, or stop this error occurring?

Monday, May 10, 2010 12:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• What do you mean when you say you transferred my old Office 2003 software to the new computer? Did you do a fresh install of Office 2003 or did you copy the installation from the old comp to the new one?

Sounds like you should do a Repair of your Office install and that "should" fix the problem. If not, uninstall then reinstall it.

Rich Why can't I be different and original like everybody else? - Vivian Stanshal
    Monday, May 10, 2010 6:32 PM
  • Hi,

Since it is to be more of Office 2003 activation issue, I kindly recommend you to contact Microsoft Office Solution Center or post your question in Microsoft Office Discussion Group for a better assistance.

BTW, I would like to share the following page:

How to install, activate, and register Microsoft Office 2003 programs

Best Regards

Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Sunday, May 16, 2010 3:48 PM
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:42 AM