Server gets it, but not me RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends,

first of all: i'm using popcon pop3 connector. during last updates i had AD Errors from my exchange server, which i ignored, because server was updating. After a reboot from DC and Exchange my receiver frontend wouldn't work. Popcon couldn't send mails to Exchange with a common error (451 4.7.0 temporary server error).

after some googling i changed my receiver connector from frontendtransport to hubtransport with exact same settings. and it worked! popcon transferred the mails to exchange server.

But the mails won't land on mailboxes??? where are our mails?? i'm lost. I changed no settings (except frontend to hub by receiver), just updated servers...

Please help! My boss uis looking over my shoulder...

Thank You!!

UPDATE: Same Error for client frontend. after changing frontendtransport to hubtransport it works again. But no one gets the mails. Where are these emails??? Grrr... Thank you again!

Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use Get-MessageTrackingLog to check whether the emails reaches the server or where they are stuck.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, October 5, 2018 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update? You can check the following settings to get more details about the issue.

• Besides, for better troubleshooting, you can also check the queue to see where the emails stuck and share the results here.
    Get-Queue 

• Moreover, please set the protocol logging level as verbose which is none by default, and check the protocol log navigating to %ExchangeInstallPath%TransportRoles\Logs\Hub\ProtocolLog\SmtpReceive. To change the protocol logging level, in EAC, you need to navigate to mail flow > receive connector, choose the receive connector and tick the verbose under protocol logging level.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Dawn Zhou Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Dawn Zhou Friday, October 19, 2018 9:25 AM
    Monday, October 8, 2018 10:04 AM