none
windows update

Question

• hi mates. 

i have QA machines that i want to disable the windows update notification message the appears every time and freezing the computer until you press on ESC key....   

i dont mind to disable the action center feature for that but nothing  helps so far. 

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Avi Habaza,

What is the exact notification you have got(A screenshot will be useful to understand the exact symptom)? Is this a domain environment? Have you deployed any Windows Update gpo if this is a domain environment?

"i dont mind to disable the action center feature for that but nothing  helps so far. "
    Do you mean you have unticked the option here(Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Change Security and Maintenance settings\Windows Update)?

As far as I know, we won`t be notified if we haven`t configured any Windows Update gpo.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:03 AM
  • its a domain member and looking for any script \ gpo \registry setings solution  

windows update gpo was set for those but i disabled the notification settings . nothing helps . the message is still shows up

Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:15 PM
  • Hi  Avi Habza,

What is the exact gpo you have configured?
    Usually we shouldn`t get notifications. If it is possible, please remove the Windows Update gpo then check the symptom again.

According to my research, that notification should be related to the files "musnotification.exe " and "musnotificationux.exe".
    As a workaround, we could try to change the permissions to those files or rename them to block the notification.
    Here is the case for reference:
    How to get rid of “Updates are available” message in Windows 10?
    http://superuser.com/questions/972038/how-to-get-rid-of-updates-are-available-message-in-windows-10
    NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 24, 2017 8:10 AM