Mailbox store stm file missing when doing dpm recorvery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have exchange 2003 running with two storage groups. Storage Group1 and Storage Group 2. Storage group1 consist of mailbox store 1 and 2 and storage group 2 consist of mailbox store 3 and 4. I am using MS DPM  2010 for my exchange backup. I perform full backup of storage group on daily basis. Recently when I was performing test on exchange recovery using the DPM and Quest Recovery Manager, I found that mailbox store 2 on first storage group is missing its .stm file. Recovery on all other mailbox store is working fine with no issues! I am not sure what has gone wrong with stm file of mailbox store 2! Can someone provide some feedback on this issue?

Thanks,

bws

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• hi,

recreate the .stm file using the .edb file

run this command.

eseutil /p /createstm ".edb file"

Regards

viman

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:03 AM
  • Thanks Viman,

the stm file does exists under the database, but when i do the recovery using the dpm recovery console for a mailbox in this specific mailbox store, the recovery happens successfully without giving any error but when I look into the recovery folder i dont see the stm file? I see .edb,.chk and .log files but not the .stm file!!!! whereas when i do dpm recovery of another mailbox store, I see all .edb +.chk +.log and .stm file in the recovery folder! Do you think this is a dpm issue?

Thanks,

bws

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:09 AM
  • may be you might not selected the .stm of that storage group while taking backup, if not it is a issue with DPM.

Regards

Viman

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:45 AM