Windows VISTA and downloading problems... RRS feed

• Question

• Can you please advise me why when I proceed to download an application .exe and click on RUN the windown does show downloading into TEMP file and when finished just ends and the application never opens to install??  I then try the alternative by clicking on SAVE to try and save on hard drive c: in DOWNLOAD folder and once download is completed the application file is no where to be found??? 

thank you.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When you click Save, after downloading, there will be another bar on the same page with option "Run", you can run it this way.

Or when you click Save As, then you choose a location and after download, you can tract it down to the location you selected.

By default, the downloaded file is saved at the Public folder, please click Start, you can see Download on the right panel.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:02 AM

All replies

• hi ,

you can try to clean your system and execute the command : sfc /scannow 

Good luck 

http://fethiabassi.blogspot.com/ FETHI ABASSI } =========== [ DEPLOY Windows 7 with MDT 2010 update 1 & WDS ] 
    Friday, August 19, 2011 1:14 PM
  • Hi,

When you click Save, after downloading, there will be another bar on the same page with option "Run", you can run it this way.

Or when you click Save As, then you choose a location and after download, you can tract it down to the location you selected.

By default, the downloaded file is saved at the Public folder, please click Start, you can see Download on the right panel.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:02 AM