none
Cannot collect performance data from 1 server yet WMI passes connection tests ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have 9 servers that are collecting data fine. 1 server will connect fine but never collects any performance data? All servers are 2003 and in the same domain. The server that does not collect data even shows that the WMI connections work both outside and inside the MAP Toolkit? The only error I can find anywhere is from the MAP Toolkit log. The error is PerfCollector.PerformanceFailCB Exited for target: ProgressPage.TaskProgressChangedCallback. OK that clears things right up? Even the Internet has not heard much about this error. What else can I do? I cannot prepare a Virutalization report as this server is running SQL and is a key server?

Thank you in advance.
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:35 PM

All replies

• There are a couple things you can check out to help determine what’s causing this.

Can you check to see if the failing machine has its Remote Registry Service enabled? 

To manually enable the Remote Registry service

1.     On the computer on which you want to access Reliability Monitor data, click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.

Microsoft Management Console (MMC) starts.

2.     In the navigation pane, expand Services and Applications, and then click Services.

3.     In the console pane, right-click Remote Registry, and then click Start.

Can you connect to the failing machine via. PerfMon?

You can send you complete logs to mapfdbk @microsoft.com (without the space) and we will take a thoughrough look at them.

Let me know what you find out,

Eric

• Proposed as answer by alfa-batsi Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:59 AM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:17 PM
  • Remote Registry is on. I can connect via Permon as well and add counters for the remote machine. In the MAP Toolkit the Inventory shows the WMI status as SUCCESS as well. I also tested WMI with WMI tester and it is OK. I will try a few more things. If I cannot solve it I'll send the logs tomorrow morning.
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:18 PM
  • You've done most of or all the troubleshooting steps I would have done.  At this point, I would be bringing my issue to a developer to debug, which is what I'll do with your logs when you send them.  :)

-Eric

Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:35 PM