none
Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials + Windows 10 Group Policy

Question

• Hello,

I am wondering if 2012r2 essentials will support the group policy settings that you configure from the Windows Server console with a Windows 10 Client? All I get from the group policy column is "Not Applicable", I have an environment where folder redirection is needed as users move around PCs a bit.

Thanks!

Friday, August 7, 2015 10:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Windows Server Essentials provides the same set of features for all supported client computers. You could refer to the article for checking the computer operating systems which it supports. In an on-premises client deployment for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials or Windows Server 2012 Essentials, you can connect computers to the server without adding them to the Windows Server Essentials domain. This method is not available for all supported client operating systems, and features such as Group Policy and virtual private networks (VPNs), which require that a computer be connected to the domain, are not available.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj713510.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#BKMK_4

And you may also post in Windows Server 2012 Essentials and window 10 Forum for more support.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:27 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem with 2012 essentials server and all windows 10 clients
    Sunday, August 9, 2015 6:44 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Windows Server Essentials provides the same set of features for all supported client computers. You could refer to the article for checking the computer operating systems which it supports. In an on-premises client deployment for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials or Windows Server 2012 Essentials, you can connect computers to the server without adding them to the Windows Server Essentials domain. This method is not available for all supported client operating systems, and features such as Group Policy and virtual private networks (VPNs), which require that a computer be connected to the domain, are not available.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj713510.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#BKMK_4

And you may also post in Windows Server 2012 Essentials and window 10 Forum for more support.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:27 AM