none
Powershell script question RRS feed

• Question

• The below script works if manually ran, I am trying to automate it. When the script runs the install application starts and the user has to hit the "install" button to continue the install. Is there a switch or trigger I can add to have the install automatically go/ start?

Set-Location "\\servername\Citrix\Receiver13.4"
    .\CitrixReceiverEnterprise.exe ENABLE_DYNAMIC_CLIENT_NAME="Yes" ADDLOCAL="ICA_Client,PN_Agent,SSON" ENABLE_SSON="Yes" SERVER_LOCATION=http://website.com

Start-Sleep -Seconds 60

Get-Process | where{$_.processname -eq "TrolleyExpress"}| Stop-process

Get-Process | where{$_.processname -eq "pnamain"}| Stop-process

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:07 PM

Answers

• I believe you're asking if PowerShell can interact with the GUI created by the installer. Yeah, I don't think that's a possibility. You might further research ways to quietly install the software. Perhaps there's more you can pass to it. If all else fails, you can look into AutoIt; however, there's a bit of a learning curve there if you've never used it before. It can handle clicking buttons (walking though GUI installers).

Edit: I found some documentation that indicates you can run CitrixReceiverEnterprise.exe /help to see the command line switches available (this is fairly common with command line installers). It seems there's a /silent switch that "suppresses all graphical user interface," too. Good luck.

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:12 PM

All replies

• I believe you're asking if PowerShell can interact with the GUI created by the installer. Yeah, I don't think that's a possibility. You might further research ways to quietly install the software. Perhaps there's more you can pass to it. If all else fails, you can look into AutoIt; however, there's a bit of a learning curve there if you've never used it before. It can handle clicking buttons (walking though GUI installers).

Edit: I found some documentation that indicates you can run CitrixReceiverEnterprise.exe /help to see the command line switches available (this is fairly common with command line installers). It seems there's a /silent switch that "suppresses all graphical user interface," too. Good luck.

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:12 PM
  • I would add that this isn't a software deployment forum.

For questions about vendor installers, ask the vendor or post a question at one of the itninja.com forums.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Monday, November 16, 2015 6:25 PM