none
The procedure entry point GetSystemWow64DirectoryA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install quickbooks premier 2012 on windows 2000 advanced server. I am getting an error The procedure entry point GetSystemWow64DirectoryA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.  I tried to uninstall adobe flash player and reboot server.  that did not help.

Can I set any environment variable to get past this error.  Quickbook is not of much help in resolving this.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From the problem description, I understand that you are trying to install Quickbook premier 2012 on Windows 2000 advanced server. And you received the following error message:

The procedure entry point GetSystemWow64DirectoryA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

At first, please make sure that the Quickbook premier 2012 is supported on the Windows 2000 advanced server. Based on my research, it seems that Windows 2000 is not supported.

System Requirements

Windows XP (SP3), Vista (SP1 inc 64-bit), 7 (inc 64-bit).

At least 2.0 GHz processor, 2.4 GHz recommended.

1 GB RAM for single user, 2 GB RAM recommended for multiple users.

Minimum 2.5 GB available disk space (additional space required for data files).

250 MB disk space for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Runtime (provided on the QuickBooks CD).

Minimum 1024x768screen resolution. 16-bit or higher color.

4x CD-ROM.

All online features/services require Internet access via IE 7, IE 8, IE 9.

Product registration required.

You could refer to the QuickBook premier 2012 Fact Sheet.

Towards the installation of the third party software, you could ask your vender engineer to verify the software is supported or not. I hope the information provided above is helpful to you.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

James
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From the problem description, I understand that you are trying to install Quickbook premier 2012 on Windows 2000 advanced server. And you received the following error message:

The procedure entry point GetSystemWow64DirectoryA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

At first, please make sure that the Quickbook premier 2012 is supported on the Windows 2000 advanced server. Based on my research, it seems that Windows 2000 is not supported.

System Requirements

Windows XP (SP3), Vista (SP1 inc 64-bit), 7 (inc 64-bit).

At least 2.0 GHz processor, 2.4 GHz recommended.

1 GB RAM for single user, 2 GB RAM recommended for multiple users.

Minimum 2.5 GB available disk space (additional space required for data files).

250 MB disk space for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Runtime (provided on the QuickBooks CD).

Minimum 1024x768screen resolution. 16-bit or higher color.

4x CD-ROM.

All online features/services require Internet access via IE 7, IE 8, IE 9.

Product registration required.

You could refer to the QuickBook premier 2012 Fact Sheet.

Towards the installation of the third party software, you could ask your vender engineer to verify the software is supported or not. I hope the information provided above is helpful to you.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

James
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

Any Update?

James

Friday, November 18, 2011 12:59 AM