none
MDT 2013 Update 1 : Unable to create WebService class RRS feed

• Question

• Environment: MDT 2013 Update 1 ; Windows 10 Enterprise x64 + Language Packs

Hi there,

I try do deploy and capture Windows 10 but I get a warning at the end of the capture: Unable to create WebService class.

Following the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Team Blog web page, it was a know issue:

The following issues are fixed in build 8298

Several issues with the Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequence including:
    • The upgrade process ends with warnings "Unable to create WebService class"

In my case, I'm not doing an in-place-upgrade. I deploy a Windows 10 source from scratch.

It seems it is related with the monitoring option in MDT which is enabled in my case.

Is there anyone with the same problem? Is there someone who solved it?

Thanks,

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:47 AM

Answers

Hi there,

I try do deploy and capture Windows 10 but I get a warning at the end of the capture: Unable to create WebService class.

Following the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Team Blog web page, it was a know issue:

In my case, I'm not doing an in-place-upgrade. I deploy a Windows 10 source from scratch.

It seems it is related with the monitoring option in MDT which is enabled in my case.

Thanks,

This is expected and has to do with sysprep tearing down the network stack before you reboot into WinPE.  Short answer it is just noise so nothing to worry about it :)

Logs are very important. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Also if you have made customizations please mention them when asking for help.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 5:53 PM

All replies

• Are you on the latest build and did you create new task sequences when you upgraded to the most recent build? I can't say I've run into your issue. I have a separate DS for building images and I don't have monitoring enabled for that share.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 3:00 PM

Hi there,

Thanks,

This is expected and has to do with sysprep tearing down the network stack before you reboot into WinPE.  Short answer it is just noise so nothing to worry about it :)

Logs are very important. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Also if you have made customizations please mention them when asking for help.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 5:53 PM
  • Thank you for your anwser Ty.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:03 AM
  • OK guys,

I confirm that when disabling the monitoring, the warning doesn't show up.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 10:47 AM