Error 000C800 on console RRS feed

• Question

• Hello-

I know his has been asked before, but I've looked at kb article 930565 and am still getting some weird behavior with my install, so I thought I'd ask for help.

Basically, a non-admin user on the app-v server (but admin on the management console, of course) can never get through to the console, erroring out with 0000C800. An admin user on the app-v server (also admin on the management console) can get through just fine. After an admin user logs in to the app-v management console, the non-admin users can also log in to the management console...

What in the world is going on? I have the app-v 4.5 management server installed, and I'm using a local instance of SQL Server 2005 as the data store. Something is definitely up with permissions, but I'm not sure where to start looking.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

-Abe
    Monday, January 19, 2009 1:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Abe,

This may be something you should try. The situation seems similar. the article doesn't adress why the result changes after the admin logs in, however. 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc817171.aspx

Error code 000C800 when attempting to connect to the Application Virtualization Management Console

An Application Virtualization administrator who is not a local admin on the Application Virtualization Management Service server will receive an error (Error code: 000C800) when attempting to connect to the Application Virtualization Management Console, and the sftmmc.log entry will indicate that access to SftMgmt.udl is denied. To successfully connect to the Application Virtualization Management Console, an Application Virtualization administrator who is not a local admin on the Application Virtualization Management Service server must have at least read and execute access to the SftMgmt.udl file.

The Application Virtualization administrators must be given read and execute permissions to the SftMgmt.UDL file under %systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft System Center App Virt Management Server\App Virt Management Service.

Good luck!

Jim

Jim
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:05 AM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Abe,

This may be something you should try. The situation seems similar. the article doesn't adress why the result changes after the admin logs in, however. 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc817171.aspx

Error code 000C800 when attempting to connect to the Application Virtualization Management Console

An Application Virtualization administrator who is not a local admin on the Application Virtualization Management Service server will receive an error (Error code: 000C800) when attempting to connect to the Application Virtualization Management Console, and the sftmmc.log entry will indicate that access to SftMgmt.udl is denied. To successfully connect to the Application Virtualization Management Console, an Application Virtualization administrator who is not a local admin on the Application Virtualization Management Service server must have at least read and execute access to the SftMgmt.udl file.

The Application Virtualization administrators must be given read and execute permissions to the SftMgmt.UDL file under %systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft System Center App Virt Management Server\App Virt Management Service.

Good luck!

Jim

Jim
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:05 AM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:59 PM
  • Tried restarting SQL service and giving everyone local rights on the SftMgmt.UDL.

App-v Management Console still not starting. Strange fact is that App-v packages on Win 7 client are working without any trouble. AppVirt database is connectable and connection test on UDL file is working

Monday, October 7, 2013 5:40 PM