none
Pos for .NET 1.14.1 - barcode scanner not scanning RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I'm very new to Pos for .NET but am an experienced C#developer. I have inherited an HP machine that is set up for POS and would like to develop a small POS application.

I have upgraded to v1.14.1 and started to test the peripherals using the test app in the SDK. The MSR on the keyboard works but I cannot get the barcode scanner to scan anything. It's a Symbol LS2208.

The scanner is in OPOS mode and I have set the HardwardId via a configuration.xml file that is recognised when I step through the code. I can open, claim, enable and dataenable the Service Object (HP_SCANNER) but the DataEvent never fires when I actually conduct a scan.

Any suggestions? I keep thinking it shouldn't be this hard. There's obviously something that I'm missing!

Cheers

Sas

Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:44 AM

All replies

• @Sas,

It appears that you may be trying to use an HP service object with your Symbol scanner.  These devices are not compatible.  You will need to acquire a service object from Zebra for the Symbol LS2208 scanner in order for the data events to flow properly.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Monday, October 16, 2017 1:44 PM
  • Sas,

Were you able to resolve the issue?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Sunday, October 29, 2017 11:04 PM