none
Project Server 2010 Timesheet Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have encountered several problems related to timesheet in my Organization. The common symptoms are listed below:

• Timesheet submitted with 40 hours shows up as 96 hrs to the manager for approval
    • Timesheet submitted and approved, but does not gets reflected in the report
    • Task updated with the some hours, report shows greater hour as per what is in project plan
    • Timesheet Cube report not showing time submitted by the resource

Can anyone suggest what could be the possible cause for this? Is there any update required for MSP or Project Server? I am planning to update Project Server with December 2013 Cumulative Update. Do you suggest if this help

Thanks and Regards,

Dolly Pandey

Dolly Pandey

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:49 AM

All replies

• That seems very weird situation, let me cover this one by one.

• Timesheet submitted with 40 hours shows up as 96 hrs to the manager for approval
    • Is this happening for particular resource or for all the resource in organization.
    • Also are you having SEM enabled
    • Timesheet submitted and approved, but does not gets reflected in the report.
    • Are you having RBS in place and having multiple approver, if yes until your timesheet didn't get approve by top most timesheet approver in RBS chain
    • Task updated with the some hours, report shows greater hour as per what is in project plan.
    • Is this happeining with particular project or for all the Projects.
    • Timesheet Cube report not showing time submitted by the resource.
    • Check cube build status and let us know in case is there any error while building cubes.

Also let me know what is your task tracking method:

Percent of work complete. Resources report the percent of work they have completed, from 0 through 100 percent.</label>
    Actual work done and work remaining. Resources report the actual work done and the work remaining to be done on each
    Hours of work done per period. Resources report their hours worked on each task per period.
    Free form. Resources report their hours using any method.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:59 AM