Archiving Recovery - Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am experiencing some issue in my company. We have enabled O365 Archiving for a specific user because he had not enough free size anymore, but this enabled feature was a little early because we had a approval to go from Microsoft O365 Standard to Microsoft O365 E3, this means that we would go from 50GB mailbox to 100GB mailbox.

My question is, what is the best way to roll back all the item from archive to mailbox?

I disabled archive but then it was hide from user view.

I enabled archive more one time, but if I manually move from archive to mailbox, the policy will apply then the item will be archived  again. So I will enter in a loop: I move from archive to mailbox > policy check itens > archive the itens > I move from archive to mailbox > policy check....

Thanks in advance

Thursday, July 23, 2020 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Alex0809 ,

According to your description, it seems that you are using Online Archive feature instead of Manually Archive or Automatically Archive in Outlook client, right?

If so, as I know, you can export the items you have already archived to a PST file, disable the archive feature, then import the PST file to your Outlook. For more information, please check this article: Restoring mail from Online Archive in Outlook. (Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Marked as answer by Alex0809 Friday, July 24, 2020 2:20 PM
    Friday, July 24, 2020 3:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Alex0809 ,

According to your description, it seems that you are using Online Archive feature instead of Manually Archive or Automatically Archive in Outlook client, right?

If so, as I know, you can export the items you have already archived to a PST file, disable the archive feature, then import the PST file to your Outlook. For more information, please check this article: Restoring mail from Online Archive in Outlook. (Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Marked as answer by Alex0809 Friday, July 24, 2020 2:20 PM
    Friday, July 24, 2020 3:37 AM
  • Great! Thanks!
    Friday, July 24, 2020 2:20 PM