Polycom RP Trio 8800 (in O365) call to Skype for user RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, Is it possible to call from Polycom RP Trio 8800 (registered in SfB online- office 365) to Skype for consumer? If I tried to call from SfB client (registered on SfB online - office 365) to Skype for consumer - it is OK, audio call established. But if I call from Polycom Trio (with the same O365 account) - nothing happens. And I tried another test: I call to Trio from Skype for consumer - Trio is ringing but after touch answer a call/accept call button - the call disconnected. Call from Trio to another SfB online client is OK. We tried different Trio phones. What should we do to call to Skype for consumer? Did Microsoft test this scenario? Polycom support advices to contact with Microsoft support.

Thank you.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:53 AM

Answers

• Hi sonne055,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Based on your description, would you please tell us did you mean that the issue only appeared on the specific SFB online client?

If so, please try to delete SFB cache files and make sure SFB client with the latest update.

For Polycom RP Trio 8800, please try to update the firmware to the latest.

The following blog is about Polycom phone with SFB online for your reference

http://blog.schertz.name/2016/02/polycom-phones-with-skype-for-business-online/

Since your environment is SFB online, so you could also try to post in O365 forum, there are more experts will help you to troubleshoot the question.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice

If any question, please feel free let me know.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Friday, October 28, 2016 8:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, November 7, 2016 9:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:47 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 8:28 AM

All replies

• Yes, I did this. I can find Consumer Skype users in Trio directory but I can't call to them. I use point-to-point call not MeetNow or Conf. If I call from Trio - nothing happens - Skype for Business clien doesn't ringing. But if I call to Trio from Skype for consumer - Trio is ringing but after touch answer a call/accept call button - the call disconnected. Any ideas how can we troubleshoot this? Or what can be a problem?
    • Edited by sonne055 Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:10 AM
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:09 AM
  • Hi sonne055,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Based on your description, would you please tell us did you mean that the issue only appeared on the specific SFB online client?

If so, please try to delete SFB cache files and make sure SFB client with the latest update.

For Polycom RP Trio 8800, please try to update the firmware to the latest.

The following blog is about Polycom phone with SFB online for your reference

http://blog.schertz.name/2016/02/polycom-phones-with-skype-for-business-online/

Since your environment is SFB online, so you could also try to post in O365 forum, there are more experts will help you to troubleshoot the question.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice

If any question, please feel free let me know.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Friday, October 28, 2016 8:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, November 7, 2016 9:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:47 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 8:28 AM