How to remove the action log entries RRS feed

• Question

• On the new portal, how can I remove the action log part when viewing an incident details?
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:44 AM

Answers

• Ozge,

These code changes will only work with SCSM 2010 portal. Unfortunately there is no way to hide the action log in the My requests webpart in SCSM 2012 portal. You will write a custom webpart to do that. I can provide you with more details if needed on how to write a custom webpart.

Thanks!

Paresh

Paresh
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 4:56 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Any help???
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:00 PM
  • Hello,

You may hide the contents of the webpart, not entirely remove them

Eg: My Requests -> Edit page(Site Actions) and change the visibility of List and List Details.

Rekha

Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:41 PM
  • Found it finally:

Web Parts/RequestDetails.cs

Comment the following code block:

// Action Log title row (#2) to actionLogsTable
                HtmlTableRow actionLogHeaderRow = new HtmlTableRow();
                actionLogsTable.Rows.Add(actionLogHeaderRow);

HtmlTableCell tc = new HtmlTableCell()
                {
                    InnerText = WebPartsResources.ActionLogHeader,
                    ColSpan = 3
                };
                tc.Attributes.Add("class", Constants.grayText);
                tc.Style.Add(HtmlTextWriterStyle.FontWeight, "bold");
                actionLogHeaderRow.Cells.Add(tc);

IList<IDataItem> actionLogs = this.requestDataItem[Constants.ActionLogs] as IList<IDataItem>;
                // add a row for each action log (shown in ASC order by EnteredDate)
                Helper.AddActionLogs(actionLogs, Constants.EnteredDate, DataItemConstants.Title, null, this.actionLogsTable);

// add a row for each user comment Log (shown in ASC order by EnteredDate)
                if (this.requestDataItem.HasProperty(WebpartsConstants.UserCommentsComponent) &&
                    this.requestDataItem[WebpartsConstants.UserCommentsComponent] != null)
                {
                    Helper.AddActionLogs(this.requestDataItem[WebpartsConstants.UserCommentsComponent] as IList<IDataItem>,
                        Constants.EnteredDate, WebpartsConstants.CommentLogComment, null, this.actionLogsTable);
                }

// add a row for each analyst comment Log (shown in ASC order by EnteredDate)
                if (this.requestDataItem.HasProperty(WebpartsConstants.AnalystCommentsComponent) &&
                    this.requestDataItem[WebpartsConstants.AnalystCommentsComponent] != null)
                {
                    Helper.AddActionLogs(this.requestDataItem[WebpartsConstants.AnalystCommentsComponent] as IList<IDataItem>,
                        Constants.EnteredDate, WebpartsConstants.CommentLogComment, true, this.actionLogsTable);
                }

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 12:32 PM
  • Ozge,

These code changes will only work with SCSM 2010 portal. Unfortunately there is no way to hide the action log in the My requests webpart in SCSM 2012 portal. You will write a custom webpart to do that. I can provide you with more details if needed on how to write a custom webpart.

Thanks!

Paresh

Paresh
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 4:56 AM
    Answerer