ProClarity webpart under Sharepoint requires login again to open the view RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Even once logged in Sharepoint by a user allowed to open any PAS view, the ProClarity webpart requires login again. The PAS virtual directory is Integrated Windows Authentication security set as well as Sharepoint (Default Web Site).

The same user and pwd is allowed to open both.

Has anyone idea?

We appreciate any help.

AB

Monday, May 26, 2008 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

It sounds like the Authentication Method on the ProClarity Viewer web part is set to Basic.  I would recommend reviewing the WebPartUserGuide.pdf that is included with the web part to verify that it is configured correctly.  If that isn't the reason for the prompt, it would be good to have some additional details about your infrastructure.  Are SharePoint and PAS on the same physical server or are they on separate machines?

Thanks,

Bob

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:12 PM
  • Hi Bob, thank you so much for your reply.

The PAS Virtual Directory is under the "Default Web Site" web site.

Both are with Integrated Windows Authentication security set.

They are in the same server.

The Web Part published is set as Windows (insted of Basic) on web part authentication mode.

Even if I chage the PC web part to Basic and write down an allowed user, the webpart till ask user and password.

Everyone is allowed to see the view published.

If we sign in http://server/pas, the view works properly, without ask any login.

I have this situation in two customers.

We appreciate so much your help.

Thanks in advance.

Alex Berenguer

Thursday, May 29, 2008 12:57 PM
  • It sounds like an interesting situation Alex.  We haven't heard this issue from any customers, so I suspect that the cause or explanation is likely due to some environmental issue.  Have you verified that your customers are running the correct version of the ProClarity SharePoint Viewer with the version of PAS that they are running?  Given that the user is able to access the view when accessing the view directly from PAS without prompt, it seems unlikely that the issue lies with the web part.  Does the same behavior occur if the web part is accessed from the server?  If accessed with a SharePoint server admin account?

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:37 PM