Bluetooth instability on Dell Inspiron RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought a DEll Inspiron E1705 with integrated Bluetooth controller and Vista Home Premium.  The Bluetooth controller is listed as a Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR in Device Manger.

I have been trying to add a Logitech MX100 Laser mouse but Bluetooth keeps lapsing into a state when it can't detect Bluetooth devices through the add device wizard ion the Bluetooth control applet.  I can get it to work briefly by following teh following sequence of events.

1) Using Programs and Features I remove the Dell installed Bluetooth software listed as WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 6.0.1.3100 and restart the system.

2)  After the reboot, bluetooth is active but the add device wizard still doesn't see bluetooth devices in discover mode (the mouse, a Jabra headset or my XP system with a Bluetooth USB dongle.

3) I reinstall the Bluetooth software (from DEll) and then Bluettoth works great (no restart is required after installation).  Add device wizard sees everything and I can add the mouse.  All features work such as the scroll wheerl, forward/back page buttons, etc.  Great.

4) THe next time I restart the system, Bluetooth goes back to the same behavior.  Interestgly, the mouse works, but only as a two button mouse and if I interpret the info I see in the Mouse Control applet corectly, the system thinks it is USB connects.  THe Bluetooth control panel lists the mouse, but says it is not connected.  Also, if I go to the Bluetooth Options tab and change the option to allow Bluetooth DEvices to find this computer and hit Apply, an error pops up that states:

An error occurred while Windows was saving your settings.  The Bluetooth device might be unplugged.  THe following settings were not saved:

Discoverability settings

Connection Settings

5) If I remove WIDCOMM, reboot, reinsatll WIDCOMM - mouse starts working with full functionality again until the next restart.

Dell support hasn't been able to resolve this so far and is shipping me a replacement bluetooth internal controller.  I don't think this is a hardware issue.  The next step will be to reinstall all software which is not too big a deal as the system is only 3 days old, but I have to do all the work and am not confident this will change anything.

Any insights on cause and resolutin for this?  System log does show errors from BTHUSB with Event ID of 5.  Message is "The Bluetooth driver expected an HCI event with a certain size but did not receive it."

Last point.  Even if I don't pair the mouse the same sequence of events happens.  SO, I remove/reinstall WIDCOMM and run the Add device wizard.  Bluetooth sees the various devices.  I just cancel out, reboot and rerun the add evice wizard and it fails to see anything.

TIA.

Monday, February 19, 2007 1:28 AM

All replies

• 2 last pieces of info on driver levels.  They are the latest available from Dell:

Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR driver version is 6.0.6000.16398

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator is 6.0.6000.16398

Monday, February 19, 2007 12:58 PM
  • I'm having the same problems with my Inspiron 9400 that has the Truemobile 355 + EDR module.  What works for me to get the scroll and additional mouse buttons to work is to simply disable the bluetooth radio and then turn it back on.  The mouse will function properly again for a time before I have to disable/enable again.  I just setup my QuickSet options so that Fn+F2 just turns off the BT radio and not the Wi-Fi.

I'm still hoping that this will get fixed soon or else I'll see if replacing the 355 with a 350 will work.

Friday, February 23, 2007 6:17 PM
  • With the help of some other users in the Dell support groups I found the resolution to this issue.  Dell currently offers 2 different internal Bluetooth controllers for their Insprion and XPS notebook lines.  There is a Truemobile 355 which sells for $20 and a Truemobile 350 which sells for $60.  The bottom line is that the 355 would not work with the Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse and once it was installed, bluetooth would not work properly overall.

I was able to get the sales rep who sold me the system to get me the 350 and that resolved everything.  Comparing the two products, the only apparant difference is the price. 

Saturday, February 24, 2007 2:46 PM
  • I think I'm having the same sort of problems with Bluetooth.  However, I was able to get it to recognize all Bluetooth devices by restoring back to the original configuration when it came from Dell.  When I installed about 8 Vista updates is when I seem to start having problems.  Regarding my MS Inteli Explor Bluetooth mouse, only my left and right buttons function, not scrolling or back and forward buttons.  I also get a message (error?) regarding the USB device that may be unplugged or something like that.

Have you been able to resolve your issues?

Saturday, March 24, 2007 3:23 AM
  • are there any solutions that dont require me to get new hardware?

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:40 AM
  • I had the same problem on Dell Inspiron E1705. Then I try to connect my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse via outbound Bluetooth module, evrything is ok.
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:33 AM
  • I am having the same problem withm my dell truemobile 355 bluetooth internal.

When i got o properties for the device it says its stopped working, so i disable it then enable it and it works fine.

i have version 6.0.6000.16398 on my 1 month Dell Inspiron 1420.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 2:26 PM
  • THE FIX. I found this on another site and it worked for me.......

cmribm
    Bronze

cmribm

Message 2 of 2

Viewed 629 times

The Fix....

Dell Mouse PU705 has to be rediscovered every time the PC is powered off , hibernates or sleeps. This problem occurs after a new install of the Dell TrueMobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR or a Vista reload.

The Dell Mouse power settings must be changed by going to Control Panel then Device Manager

Click the plus sign next to Bluetooth then

Right click on Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR then click on properties

Click on the top tab Power Management

Click the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power - make sure the box turns light gray and is not blue.

Click Ok

Try turning off your computer - if the mouse does not work go in to be sure the Allow computer to turn off this device to save power is not highlighted

Apparently the power saving setting is a default after a reinstall of Vista or the Bluetooth device.

Who knew? Now you do.

Cheryl

• Proposed as answer by Cause007 Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:32 PM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 2:44 PM
  • Thanks for that Cheryl, Windows stated something like "Windows closed this device after a problem caused it to stop working," now I know that the "problem" was a foolish default power managment setting.

BTW the logitech bluetooth connection assistant recognized that the bluetooth radio had been turned off but the bluetooth devices window in control panel simply continued to report, "no bluetooth devices detected."

If the OS can't distinguish between the bluetooth radio being off versus no bluetooth devices being present, someone needs to fix the windows software re: bluetooth, it seems to me, I'm running vista ultimate.

Thanks again, just what I needed to know!

SK

Saturday, March 8, 2008 3:16 PM
  • Posting this again because Forum stated “Your message has been lost,” Thanks again Microsoft!

Thanks Cheryl,

This was what I needed to know.  Windows stated something like, “Windows has closed this device after a problem caused it to stop working,” now I know that the “problem” was a foolish default power management setting. 

BTW the Logitech Bluetooth connection assistant recognized that the Bluetooth radio had been turned off but the Bluetooth Devices  window in Control Panel continued to state, “No Bluetooth devices detected.”

When the OS cannot distinguish between the Bluetooth radio being off versus no bluetooth devices being present, someone needs to work on the Windows software, it seems to me, I’m running Vista Ultimate.

Thanks again for your help!

SK

Saturday, March 8, 2008 3:31 PM
  • Actually I am running an XPS M1330 and overnight the problem returned.  This time the Bluetooth Radios branch was completely missing in Device Manager so I could not disable/reenable, the only way to bring it back was to restart Vista.

I had already updated the driver to the Dell Truemobile 355 before this problem recurred.

Suggestions anyone?

SK

Sunday, March 9, 2008 3:56 PM
  • OK I can shut down the OS, change batteries, and can then reboot and I don't have to reconnect the bluetooth mouse; this suggests that it is only after waking up from hibernate that I lose the bluetooth radio and have to run through the cycle of pairing the mouse again.

What I plan to try next time I lose the radio is turning the wireless switch off then on to see if that brings the bluetooth radio back without having to reboot, then I will only need to go through the repairing of the device to be back in operation.

I am still looking for a way to avoid losing the bluetooth radio during hibernate cycle, I find the 6 cell battery does not last very long, it goes to sleep supposedly with 47% of the battery remaining and I return to find out that the computer power ran down to critical levels and needed to hibernate.  I'm thinking I may stick with the 9 cell except for when I take the computer on the road.

On a power management note, with the glossy screen I find I need full brightness during the day in my kitchen to make out the text without straining my eyes from the daylight glare.

SK

Sunday, March 9, 2008 7:26 PM
  • I found this fix from 2005 that I think might nail it--it involves disabling the USB power management at the registry level. 

Since I unchecked the power management check boxes that we have discussed things worked pretty well for short periods of sleep, however, after 12 hours of sleep without hibernate or restart when the computer woke up there was invariably an error message, "A USB device has  malfunctioned and is  no longer recognized by Windows"  Although the bluetooth mouse is not USB, the bluetooth radio is connected to the system via the Intel ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller (dell truemobile 355 is listed under the Advanced Tab if you right click Properties of the above entry in Device Manager) and therefore is a USB device insofar as Windows is concerned. As I mentioned earlier, the problem I have encountered has been consistently found to be caused by the Bluetooth radio being turned off after sleep.

As the author of the following article notes in 2005, even with all of the "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" boxes unchecked, there is something squirrelly about the usb power management scheme that causes glitches and unwanted device shutdowns so it makes sense to jettison or disable the whole damn shootin' match as follows:

To disable selective suspend on all USB devices, do the following:

1. Open the Registry on the affected machine and navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB.
    2. Edit or create a DWORD value named DisableSelectiveSuspend and set it to a decimal value of 1.
    3. Reboot the computer.

Full article is here:

http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid68_gci1102478,00.html

The fix seems to work the same in Vista Ultimate as in XP, although the check boxes are still visible.  I promise to 'fess up if the problem recurs.

After applying the fix I went to work this morning, came back 13 hours later, and the computer woke up instantly and bluetooth radio/mouse were still functional.  Also the dream scene wallpaper was still running, a first for me, it has always turned itself off following sleep, even on a Vista desktop.  I think I will apply this fix to all my computers.

Hope this helps,

SK

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:27 AM
  • After the last post I noticed that my power management scheme for battery power was high performance so I switched it to Balanced, because even with a 1330 and a 9 cell battery I don't think a High Performance scheme is very realistic for everyday computing on battery power.  Not sure if that has anything to do with partial return of problem but now  upon wake up from sleep the USB device disconnect sound can be heard and Windows states something like, "A USB device has malfunctioned and is no longer recognized by Windows." Then one of three things happens: 1) the USB device connect sound is heard and the problem spontaneously corrects itself, i.e., the bluetooth radio reboots  itself, 2) the bluetooth radio has a question mark in Device Manager and needs to be  disabled/reenabled, or 3) the bluetooth device does not appear in Device Manager and turning the wireless switch off then on causes the bluetooth radio to reboot.

The good news is that after the bluetooth radio resarts it retains the connection with the mouse so I do not need to go through the pairing of the bluetooth mouse with bluetooth radio ritual any more.  I think the annoyance may now be reduced to the two seconds it takes to flip the wireless switch on and off, no need to open Device Manager etc. 

Not sure if this is as good as it gets or if the problem is defective bluetooth hardware/defective driver by Dell or is a Windows USB glitch.

I would love a perfect cure so I will continue to study the issue but a perfect fix may not be in the cards.  On the other hand the lack of widespread complaints suggests it might not need be a permanent problem.

As always,

SK

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:57 AM
  • Jist got my Dell 1720 a week ago purchase a Pu705 mouse and its doing the same as describe on your post. Tryed the fix described and no go its stil whon t  connect with the mouse if I shut down or just go on standby. every time I have to reintall the device. I have a probleme nu with Dell on this but no awnser yet !   

Sunday, April 13, 2008 3:58 AM
  • Experiencing the same exact problem with a Logitech travel bluetooth mouse. After each sleep, hibernation or shut down the mouse goes dud. Trying to make the computer discoverable in the bluetooth settings only gives an error about the device being non-functional. Only thing that fixes the issue sofar is to do a shutdown. Tried changing drivers, used older versions and newest, tried that Registry fix, nothing there either.

My mother (owner of the computer) is going insane. This is an incredibly persistent and annoying problem. Here it's me hoping there will be a fix soon, becuase if not my mom is going to kill me. Wink
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 2:46 AM
  • I have a similar problem and if yours is resolved, I think it will help me too.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 with Vista and I just installed the same Dell bluetooth module that you have. After many hours on the phone with Dell we were unable to get it to recognize my bluetooth-capable Motorola cell phone. I've connected the cell phone to other bluetooth devices so I know that's not the problem.

Dell's recommendation is to reinstall the Vista OS. That's pretty drastic and, of course, it isn't clear that will resolve the problem. Surely there's something that Microsoft knows that would help us. 

Sunday, July 6, 2008 9:48 PM
  • I'd never reinstall an OS when you don't know what the problem is.  I don't know which BT Module you have.  I could never get the 355 to work and went to the 350 and everything has been fine since.  I had changed it long before additional info in the thread on power management and registry settings came to light, so I can't speak to their effectiveness.

Good Luck

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 9:54 AM
  • Thanks so much for your response. Yes, I do have the 355 and wondered about the 350 (which is more expensive). I'll return the 355 to Dell and step up to the 350.

Dell's last line of defense is to reinstall the OS. But the irony is that the problem may have been caused by a WIndows Update so it's bound to return. 

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 2:22 PM
  • i had similar problems, found the cure : http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/428/174&cl=gb,en?WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd

installed and worked with my bluetooth dell mouse and keyboard perfect! thanks Logitech!

Give it a go!
    • Proposed as answer by Todd Schiele Thursday, October 1, 2009 6:25 PM
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 4:26 PM
  • yes, same problem and now it works. i've upgraded to 6.2.0.9200 WIDCOMM and 4.80 Logitech SetPoint.
    no more problems for my Logitech Travel Mouse or any other bt device after several rr, shutdowns, sleeps and hibernates. Thank you SaraAnnika, thank you Technet.
    Monday, August 17, 2009 11:09 PM
  • WORKED!! My system specs and symptoms:

Mouse: Microsoft Mobile Memory Mouse 8000

Computer: Dell E1705 / 1900

Bluetooth Driver: Dell Truemobile 355 (Driver date 6/21/2006)

Symptoms: Windows says the mouse has successfully connected and shows up in the Devices & Printers window. Regardless, the mouse will not work and will continue to search for a connection (alternating green & red light).

I followed the instructions below and finally got my mouse working. NOTE: after successfully connecting, Windows will take about 10 seconds to finish installation and the mouse icon in the Devices & Printers window will have a clock icon in front of it. I never had to restart my computer.

cmribm
    Bronze

cmribm

Message 2 of 2

Viewed 629 times

The Fix....

Dell Mouse PU705 has to be rediscovered every time the PC is powered off , hibernates or sleeps. This problem occurs after a new install of the Dell TrueMobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR or a Vista reload.

The Dell Mouse power settings must be changed by going to Control Panel then Device Manager

Click the plus sign next to Bluetooth then

Right click on Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR then click on properties

Click on the top tab Power Management

Click the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power - make sure the box turns light gray and is not blue.

Click Ok

Try turning off your computer - if the mouse does not work go in to be sure the Allow computer to turn off this device to save power is not highlighted

Apparently the power saving setting is a default after a reinstall of Vista or the Bluetooth device.

Who knew? Now you do.

Cheryl

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:50 PM

• I recently installed Windows 7 64 bit (Dell XPS M1330) and when I installed the Vista driver (no Win 7 driver available from Dell - their tech support said Vista 64 drivers work on Win 7 - they do) for my bluetooth ("Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR" driver date 6/21/2006 version 6.1.7600.16385). Every time the machine hibernated, shut down, or went to sleep, I would have to disable and re-enable the mouse (Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth) driver to get it to work.

The solution I found, first posted by Cheryl cmribm was the answer. To paraphrase in steps:

• Control Panel > Device Manager > Bluetooth Radios > Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth and EDR (or similar)
    • Power Management tab
    • Deselect “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
    • Click Ok
    • Restart - if the mouse does not recheck this setting.
    • Apparently the “Allow the computer…” setting is default checked after a reinstall of Vista or the Bluetooth device.
    Working great for me.

Thanks to those who post.<!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-ansi-font-size:11.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; color:windowtext;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> <!-- [if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Monday, February 15, 2010 7:08 AM
  • I have a Dell XPS M1530 with the 355 + EDR adapter and the PU705 bluetooth mouse; I have checked and double-checked the "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" option, but it never seems to be checked; Nevertheless, I followed the instructions by first checking it/selecting it, then unchecking/unselecting it; I then closed the window and re-opened it to make certain that it was still unchecked, and it was. But my mouse still stops working after 1-2 min of non-use, and my system does not hibernate or sleep or anything like that-everything else stays turned on, but the mouse just quits working for no apparrent reason.

Is this problem the same one that has been reported on this thread? Or is my issue being caused by something else?

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 7:07 AM
  • see the post with the registry fix above It worked for me with the same mouse you have on an inspiron 9400 running Win 7 64

Thnaks this has been bugging me for 16 months and Dell support was next to useless!

Thursday, June 3, 2010 5:02 AM
  • I apologize for taking so long to respond to this post

I tried the above-mentioned registry fix and it has not resolved anything;

My laptop is a Dell XPS M1530 with the 355 + EDR adapter and the PU705 Bluetooth mouse; I have checked and double-checked the batteries. Recently while changing them out, my mouse became "undiscoverable" and now my system will not recognize it at all.

I admit that I am relatively low when it comes to computer techspeak, but it seems to me that the issues mentioned in this forum at least revolve around the problem I am having. Why will my computer not recognize and pair up again with the mouse I have been using since I got it a year ago?

Monday, June 7, 2010 4:44 AM
  • I have a dell xps m1710 an i tryed to connect a dell bluetooth mouse....when i bought the laptop the mouse was connecting automaticaly...but now it dosent even find any bluetooth device...when i try to change som setts the following error apperas:"an error occurred while windows was saving yor settings.the bluetooth device might be unplugged.the following settings were not saved:discoverability settings and connection settings...pls help!

oh and i'm running windows 7 ultimate

Monday, November 1, 2010 7:48 PM
  • if its not finding any devices try this, go to / control panel/ administrator tools/ services/ - on the list find "bluetooth support service" start it by right clicking on it, you may want to change the start up to automatic by going to properties... in the middle of the properties window there's a "startup type" drop down list i did this for mine and it started to work right after i started the service

win7 home perm

• Edited by dsk04 Monday, November 14, 2011 10:44 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 10:00 PM