none
Lenovo M710s Takes Windows 7 x64 Install then BSOD at Boot RRS feed

• Question

• Scratching my head here, we are successfully using our MDT 2013 Update 2 to deploy our Lenovo M700 SFF, M900, M83 Tiny and SFF...even the Yoga 260 and 460.  But the Lenovo M710s SFF is a bust.

Using MDT 2013 Update 2 the Install Operating System and Inject Drivers all run until the first reboot.  The initial boot into Windows 7 Pro & Ent x64 has the BSOD with the Stop: 0000007B code.  This should mean the boot device can't be found and yet Windows logo appears but fails very soon after.  The hard drive is a SSD Samsung NVMe MZLVW256 which should be covered in the Lenovo drivers.

I have the Bios left as default which is Secure Boot: Disabled, TCG Feature: Discrete TPM, CSM: Enabled, Boot Mode: Auto and Boot Priority UEFI First.  My Task Sequence is formatting the HD as a GPT Tablet which is the way Windows 7 is installed out of the box on these PC's.  I'm looking for any ideas that I must be totally missing.

Greg

Friday, July 14, 2017 7:26 PM

Answers

• Have you injected this hotfix (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2990941/update-to-add-native-driver-support-in-nvm-express-in-windows-7-and-wi) into the WIM or added it as a Package in MDT?
    • Marked as answer by GregatChristie Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:21 PM
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 9:11 AM

All replies

• Have you injected this hotfix (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2990941/update-to-add-native-driver-support-in-nvm-express-in-windows-7-and-wi) into the WIM or added it as a Package in MDT?
    • Marked as answer by GregatChristie Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:21 PM
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 9:11 AM
  • I read on Dell's web site addressing installing Windows 7 on NVMe Samsung SSD - The Samsung driver and the Windows Hotfix 2990941 cannot be installed on the same system.  If the driver is changed Windows has to be re-installed.

So I went back to the the source...downloaded the Samsung NVMe 2.2.  But to get the driver had to use the "dark.exe" extraction binary, then used lessmiserables utility to extract the MSI (msiexec didn't work) and then uploaded driver to the MDT M710s Driver profile.  PC images and boots into Windows so good to go.

Thanks for the hotfix info will keep this in mind as I will be dealing with Lenovo's for awhile looks like.

Greg

Monday, July 17, 2017 8:35 PM