IDT High Definition Audio CODEC internal speakers not emmiting sound. RRS feed

• Question

• -I have a second hand "Dell Studio 1500", which was upgraded to windows 7 32-bit by the previous owner.
    -There was no trouble with the sound at any time since buying the computer, although yesterday there was no warning and no noise but the speakers still say that they are working fine.
    -When earphones are plugged in i can hear out of the earphones, but when unplugged the internal speakers of the computer make no noise at all.
    -I have tried System reboot, searching for upgrades and attempting to restart audio systems, yet nothing has worked.
    -Any help would be appreciated.

My System is as follow:
     - Laptop: Dell Studio 1500
     - Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8600 @2.4GHz
     - System: Windows 7 (32 bit) OS
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:32 AM

Answers

• Could be a problem with the audio, the feed to the speakers may be damaged.

My MVP is for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 IT, and I am getting increasingly good with Visual Studio.

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:58 AM
  • I find that Dell does not provide Windows 7 drivers for Studio 1500 series machines. I suspect that your device is not compatible with Windows 7.

For more information, I suggest you contact Dell support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, February 4, 2011 9:35 AM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:31 AM

All replies

• I find that Dell does not provide Windows 7 drivers for Studio 1500 series machines. I suspect that your device is not compatible with Windows 7.

For more information, I suggest you contact Dell support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, February 4, 2011 9:35 AM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:31 AM